Can I Save It??

Decorating By CakeandDazzle Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 2:20am by kkswmmr114

CakeandDazzle Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 4

So I made a cake with a new recipe (Scratch WASC) this is the second time I used the recipe great flavor, but its really crumbly. I torted, filled (raspberry jam & whip cream) and crumb coated.... Small pieces were breaking off as i crumb coated it & the cake is in general crumbly (but moist?? ) can i use it? or do i need to redo the cake? Its sitting in the fridge right now... thanks in advance!

3 replies
leah_s Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:11am
post #2 of 4

If it's for the family, sure. Once it's cold you can frost it.

If it's for a paying customer, no. Rebake.

CakeandDazzle Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:18am
post #3 of 4

ugh its for a customer {though for a friend so they get a discount (does that count as family icon_wink.gif }
Anyways thanks for the reponse. Do you know why that would have happened?

kkswmmr114 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:20am
post #4 of 4

I agree with leah_s.

On Valentine's I made my boyfriend and I a cake from a plain box mix (because I was lazy... lol) and had strawberry filling covered in chocolate ganache. The cake crumbled horribly and when I covered it with the Ganache it looked worse. My boyfriend laughed so hard and thought it was the worst looking this I ever made. I just let it be experience and we ate it anyways. It was really good, just looked like a mountain of crumbled cake, strawberries and chocolate. After that long story... the point is: if it's for family, they probably won't care.

Quote by @%username% on %date%