Saved By My Mom!

Decorating By Polkadot79 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 3:52am by Jeep_girl816

Polkadot79 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:09am
post #1 of 8

Not really a disaster, but an almost one...

I have a wedding cake for Friday night and have planned on baking tonight so I can decorate tomorrow afternoon after work for several weeks now....not sure what happened to my brain!! I've been in revival all last week and up until last night, so I guess I was threw off track. I've been sitting at home on Facebook, etc. and thinking about having to bake tomorrow night all day. I didn't even go and buy the extra ingredients I needed after work today thinking I'll just do it tomorrow real quick.

My mom calls a few mins ago and asks how the baking is going. I icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif!! She volunteered to go pick up my extra ingredients for me and I've got cake in the oven as I type. I'll be up late, but thank God she called and helped me avoid disaster!!

On another note too..this has been a crazy day. I had a student at work (high school teacher) get in a fight and hurt to the point she had a seizure and had to be sent to the ER. Then, after struggling with the control panel on my dishwasher for a few days and researching solutions online, I call my brother to come and work his magic. 10 minutes earlier the "Lock On" light was blinking...he walks in the door with his tools and it's off and works fine!! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
kathik Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:34am
post #2 of 8

Sounds like a rough day, but on it's way to being better. I hope your student is okay and that your cakes turn out well.

Polkadot79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:22am
post #3 of 8

Thanks...the cake turned out okay for being so rushed.

cake-angel Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 8

Thank goodness for mothers. Mine has saved my but a few times too. LOL. I am glad to hear that things worked out for you.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:43am
post #5 of 8

What a blessing!!!!!

Polkadot79 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:29am
post #6 of 8

I agree...I'm always telling her she calls me too much. You should have heard her gloating about this call! icon_biggrin.gif

JulieMN Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:33am
post #7 of 8

What would we do without them? Glad it worked out well for you!

Jeep_girl816 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:52am
post #8 of 8

Moms can be the best! I can't even begin to count the number of times mine's pulled my hiney out of the fire! YAY MOMS!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%