Time Frame For Rbc Cookies. . .

Baking By Zamode Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 3:56pm by Zamode

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:16am
post #1 of 12

I'm short on time with getting some stuff done for my daughter's party, which is Sunday. I'd like to make the cookies tomorrow but am using rolled buttercream and want to spray them: http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=636571 I was going to bag them, my cookie pal suggested I freeze them but I don't have the room and don't want the RBC to have condensation when I take them out. I will need room in my refrigerator for the cakes. I think the gold spray might get mucked up as well. I'd like to put the RBC cutouts on as soon as the cookies come out of the oven so they stick and I hate using corn syrup on them.

So my question is, will they start to dry out too much after three days just in a plastic treat bag or should I wait to do them until as late as I can? Everything needs to be done Saturday night. Thanks!

11 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 12

Hi there! I'm so excited you are making cookies!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I use royal, so I'm no help at all with RBC questions, but I can tell you the cookies themselves will be fine for 3 days in that kind of packaging.

Here are some threads about RBC... maybe one of them has the answer you want about how long it keeps as a coating????

~Bonnie

ooops... forgot to add the links! ( I guess I was just too shocked you were over your phobia)

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=659850&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-668458-.html

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 12:37am
post #3 of 12

A little late to be answering this, but I believe they would be fine.

LaDnBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaDnBlu Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 3:40am
post #4 of 12

icon_smile.gif Hello! This is my first post. I have been doing cakes on and off for the past 14 or so years. Things have changed so much for the better with those of us who opt to bake our own creations. I wish this type of forum had been available or I knew of it a few years ago.

At any rate, I have a question. I am not used to baking and preparing days before use. I usually pull an "all nighter" and do the cake from beginning to end. I am doing cupcakes to go along with a cake. I want to know if I can decorate the sugar cookies while they are warm with buttercream icing? Also, once they are dry overnight, can I use a darker icing (black) to place a design on them the next day (party day) and not have bleeding? These are for a very special client (my daughter) and they have to be perfect (teenagers)!

I know this seems like a basic question, but I can't afford any mistakes. I told you I'm dealing with a teenager. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Everyone! I look forward to your replies and suggestions.

Newatdecorating Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 1:28pm
post #5 of 12

I have never used buttercream on cookies, so I can not give you an answer. One suggestion though. If you don't get a response, you may want to put a new post on here. Your question is under a post about rbc. People that see the rbc, in the title, may not click on it. Therefore, there may be people that very well know the answer to your question, but won't see it.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 12

I'm looking for a recipe that someone posted that is a combo between RBC and MMF. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks

Newatdecorating Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:23am
post #7 of 12

I have never tried this, but this is a recipe that Wtare uses on her cookies:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7434/marshmallow-rolled-buttercream-for-decorated-cookies

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 1:05am
post #8 of 12

Thank you!

Zamode Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 4:36am
post #9 of 12

Thanks Bonnie, LOL! Don't get too excited, they were cookies with just a layer of RBC over the top and decorated with edible gold spray -- you didn't think I was going to pipe, did you?! icon_wink.gif

LaDnBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaDnBlu Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 6:02am
post #10 of 12

Thanks Newatdecorating. I will do that. icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 8:45pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Thanks Bonnie, LOL! Don't get too excited, they were cookies with just a layer of RBC over the top and decorated with edible gold spray -- you didn't think I was going to pipe, did you?! icon_wink.gif

oh, you know me, I keep hoping you'll come over to "our side"...

Zamode Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:56pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

oh, you know me, I keep hoping you'll come over to "our side"...

I'd love to join you but. . ."I'm not worthy!" icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%