How To Clean ................

Decorating By tannersmom Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm by ibmoser

tannersmom Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 7

I've tried everything to keep my KA pasta machine clean but occasionally some still sticks to the wheel. I know your not suppose to use water on it but what are you suppose to clean it with? I've heard window cleaner??? Scared of that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And I did goggle it. N help.

6 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 7

maybe try running more through it and possibly it'll stick to it????

kakeladi Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:25am
post #3 of 7

Take a damp paper towel and hold it on the underside of the machine while it is running on the slowest speed you have.
You might ev en feed gthe towel through the machine - don't bunch it - be sure it's not thick. Do that a few times it should come off.

MissyTex Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:58am
post #4 of 7

I also have a KA pasta attachment and that's what I do, the wet papertowel. I rub it on the rollers while in motion and I also run it through the rollers. I use a bleach/water solution and then run a plain water soaked paper towel to rinse it.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:01am
post #5 of 7

Ooh how about a stiff bristle brush!!!

tannersmom Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys. I've thought about the paper towel but was scared to try it. I broke my first one cleaning it. I'm gonna try it. Thanks again

ibmoser Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #7 of 7

I usually put a tiny bit of shortening on a cloth or paper towel and clean them on slow speed from below before I put them away. That way, they are clean and ready to go when I need them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%