Fondant Mistake...

Decorating By Shawnswife Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 3:39am by dsilvest

Shawnswife Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 5

I made a batch of marshmallow fondant, and without noticing until I was working the fondant, that I used the 10.5 oz. bag of marshmallows instead of the 15 oz. one. icon_redface.gif So my fondant seems okayish, but kind of on the brittle side. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to fix it so that it is easier to work with? TIA...

4 replies
Mug-a-Bug Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 5

You could try adding some crisco to moisten it up, or maybe some glycerin. I'm not sure if you can save it though. Worth a try!!

Shawnswife Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 5

thanks, I will try working in some crisco and see how that works. I am only using it too cover a couple of dummies, so it is not important how it tastes.

icer101 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:34am
post #4 of 5

i would make another batch using the right amt. of m/m. knead it all together . really good. and let it set up. add glycerine to the new batch. hth..also . make a batch of candy clay . and add that to the first batch. that would really help too and taste great also.

dsilvest Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:39am
post #5 of 5

Make sure that the new batch is a bit on the sticky side. When the two batches are combined they should be perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%