Who Make Your Birthday Cake??? Lol

Decorating By LEHLA Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 11:25pm by tlreetz

LEHLA Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 6

Well I have to tell, SORRY MOM !! All my friends asked me the other day who was making my cake for my B-Day, ( My mom did ) and I think next year I will be making my cake LOL!! My nan always made our cakes (the best pound cake) and last year she wasnt here to do it any more (I Love & miss cake You Nannny) so my mom borrowed all my cake stuff to make me a cake ( which I dont ever loan to anybody but she is my mom) WELL........
She tried ( and I do mean tried) to make me a beautiful lavender and purple cake hmm ... I got a grey and kinda black cake we called it the GOTH CAKE, this year she tried again (tried I said) She asked what kind I wanted Banana with chocolate icing ( I even told her to buy canned icing ) LOL she called the day before my Bday " I have a PROBLEM... " she says !! She forgot the baking powder so she took the batter back out of the pans and added it. She put the fondant roses I put on a cake for her back on mine and brought it over!! One bite I almost chocked it tasted like flour straight flour LMAO I love ya mom
So today she calls and ask if I threw it away I told her no but she could come get some. She asked if anyone else even tried it again ( I felt bad so I told her yes) when she said she was gonna come get it for her man friend , I cut a chunk out and threw it in the trash, I didnt want to hurt her feelings!!lol Then she calls back and tells me she cant be mean to him cause my sister Pam always tells her she is mean to him so she wasnt gonna torture him with the cake>! LOL Gotta Love Her!!( but not her cakes) Anybody want cake???

Ps I threw the rest away!!!

omg I Love ya Mom you always make me laugh!!

I think my baking skills come from nan!! Love ya

5 replies
ShanB Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 6

I make my own birthday cake, my mom always made mine, she was great at the character cakes, I had the coolest cakes of all the kids in school. But now she tells me I'm better than she is so I can make my own. My niece last year said it wasn't fair for me to make my own cake so she made one for me with her little sister. cake mix, canned icing and 2 entire jars of sprinkles, it hurt to bite it. i had to scrap off the top so I didn't loose a tooth to the inch thick layer of sprinkles. We ate it to be nice but this year my SIL said she wouldn't be letting them make my cake this year.

You gotta love the good intentions.

JustToEatCake Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 6

My birthday cake came from Sams last month..yeah. It was OK, it was peanut butter cup. I was going to make my own cake but ran out of time.

susgene Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 6

I asked my mother if I could bring my own birthday cake to my birthday dinner pretty soon. Wanted to try some new techniques that I don't normally have time for. I want to do the tie-dye inside, cover in white ganache and cover in fondant. Want to try the ganache under fondant on a square cake to see how well it works on the edges. party.gif

TeriO Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 6

My husband asked me if I wanted him to make me a cake for my birthday and I said no way. If I see another cake I think I will scream. No cake for me please.

tlreetz Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 6

I ask for pie on my bday! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%