Gumpaste, Fondant, Candy Clay Or Frost Sheet For Cake Topper

Decorating By Chichi2010 Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 6:27pm by Chichi2010

Chichi2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chichi2010 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 2

Hello, I am planning to make a Monogram cake toper for my friend how is getting married out of the state, so I have to ship it by mail.

I never have done a cake toper before, (nor a cake, I love to cook, but not too good with cakes, so this makes me a little nervous!!!), but since I have the cricut, I thought could be nice to try to make her a Monogram.

What is the best to make a free standing monogram? gumpaste? fondant?

I guess frost sheets will be too thin and will break easly, and I want to add some colors to match her theme colors.

Do I have to put some sticks in the base on the monogram so she stick it into the cake?

Also, if I make the Monogram, can I put it inside a zip lock and mail it there, so it does get hard and doesn't break during shipping? then, she can take it out and llet it dry. I do not know if the gumpaste or fondant will get spoiled if shipped in a ziplock and a box, being in transit for 3-4 days
Or what is the best way to ship it out?

I want to put together to layers. How do I glue the 2 layers? just with water and some pressure?

Wow, a lot of questions .. I guess I will have to make one and mail it myself to see what is going to happen!

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

1 reply
Chichi2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chichi2010 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 2

Please help!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%