Rant: Total Waste Of My Time!

Lounge By AverageMom Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 2:48am by Adevag

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 10

I am so frustrated and annoyed...
Another staff member at my school asked if I would like to teach a few evening classes to a group of girls. We decided on two classes, both focusing on cupcakes. The fee was agreed on, etc.
I spent Sunday shopping and preparing, getting the supplies, hauling stuff to the school, and generally organizing.
Monday evening, I arrived at 5:00 to set up. Class was to start at 6:30, but I wanted plenty of time.
6:15...no one.
6:30....no one.
7:00....I called her and left a message, saying I was going home now.

She never bothered to contact me again. The second class is tonight, and guess what? She really thinks I'm going to do it! No WAY am I spending another evening twiddling my thumbs! Why would I teach the second class, when no one showed up to the first???

9 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 10

That is odd...There must be a communication error because I can't possibly think someone would be this rude.Maybe she had to suddenly go out of town for a death or something...I would try and call again and get to the bottom of it...

AverageMom Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 10

No, no. She IS that rude. She is still here....I spoke to her today. No communication error. Just plain old rudeness. She didn't bother to confirm with the girls, or show up herself. Hard to believe, but true.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 10

Man that stinks.....You are out all this money and time...It still surprises me everyday that there is such inconsiderate people on this planet...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 10

Did you get paid in advance?

No more anything without money up front - yes?

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 10

The solution to teaching any type of craft class is preregistration. Have them sign up with names/phone numbers/email and PAY the fee up front. Then you remind them the day before with a call or email and then if they don't show up on the night of the class you keep the money.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #7 of 10

That is BEYOND rude. You're not going to let this go without saying something to this woman are you?

AverageMom Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm
post #8 of 10

No, I did not get paid in advance. I know, my bad. As for preregistration, that was HER job, and she assured me she was doing it! I've talked to her since, and she ahs submitted my receipts and an invoice for my time. We'll see if I actually get the money.
The time I put in is gone...and that's what really frustrates me.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #9 of 10

If more than a week goes by and you haven't been paid you need to go over her head to whoever is in charge and raise a ruckus. Make sure they know about her behavior and why you will not do another class for them again.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

No, no. She IS that rude. She is still here....I spoke to her today. No communication error. Just plain old rudeness. She didn't bother to confirm with the girls, or show up herself. Hard to believe, but true.

I know that there are rude people in this world and that we are all different but this just blows my mind. What disrespect of somebody else's time! If she can't be bothered then I hope you will never "bother" to do anything for her again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%