If You Do This.........youuuuuuuu Might Be A Cake Addict!!

Lounge By KHalstead Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 12:58am by Naynay538

annieliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:49pm
post #31 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

When you are supposed to be writing a paper for a university class and it takes 5 times as long as it should because you're constantly checking out CC.....you might be a cake addict!!

Thats me right now! lol Supposed to be writing an informative research paper on becoming a pastry chef.

*stands up* Hi my name is Annie and I'm a cake addict.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:51pm
post #32 of 125

When you hop out of bed in the middle of the night to sketch THE PERFECT cake design....you might be a cake addict!!

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:51pm
post #33 of 125

I'm supposed to be doing school work too, but this thread is just too funny....

Hi, my name is Lindsey and I am a Cake Addict.... icon_lol.gif

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:53pm
post #34 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypowers

When even the neighbors don't want anymore cake, cause you just keep making them to play, but don't want to actually eat them yourself! You might be me...I mean a cake addict.

I made this one my facebook status! Love it!

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:55pm
post #35 of 125

When your DH gets an invitation for the two of you to go out and he says, "I'll need to check the "Cake Calendar" and rolls his eyes with a smile...you might be a cake addict!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:56pm
post #36 of 125

When you ask your friends if you can photocopy the patterns on their cute bags, you might be a cake addict.

aggiechef Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:03pm
post #37 of 125

When you choose one apartment over another because one has the PERFECT cake closet, and the other does not, you might be a cake addict....

Yes, this cake closet has the stacked shoe shelves that I mentioned earlier....

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:04pm
post #38 of 125

This thread could not have come at a better time - just yesterday I thought to myself that I may have just 'crossed the threshold' and become a cake addict.

My moments from yesterday:

1. If your darling decides to join a bowling league, leaving you with 3 uninterrupted hours at home, on the same night every week, and your first thought is EXCITEMENT that now you have time to play with cake stuff without distraction.

2. When you spend 25 minutes in the Easter candy aisle at the drugstore, not b/c you have Easter baskets to make for kids, but b/c you are checking out neat items that can be used on Easter cupcakes or cake. Which by the way NO ONE has asked for. (Hint: There is EDIBLE colored Easter grass made from potato starch or something).

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:13pm
post #39 of 125

When you have made cake so much for the office that your boss starts bringing you cake recipes from magazines he sees so you can make them. His first stop on the way in from getting the mail is by your desk with the magazine and he says (with a huge smile on his face) "Doesn't this look good icon_smile.gif ). You may have a reputation for being a cake addict...

Shermie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:18pm
post #40 of 125

When you meet a new neighbor, co-worker, or acquantance and one of the first questions you ask is "So, what's your favorite kind of cake". And it seems normal.
You might be a cake addict!!!! GUILTY !!

Shermie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:20pm
post #41 of 125

If you can't stop commentin gon this thread !!!!!!!!!!! You might be a cake addict.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #42 of 125

I am Edna.....and I am a cake addict...

I stolen my child playdough tools for my fondant,
I spent many hours in CC
I dream of Cakes Designs
My kitchen has a blanket of sugar and luster dust (is kind of magical)icon_lol.gif
I check CC every couple of hours

I have done it all! icon_redface.gif

But I love it!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #43 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

If you buy papertowels to emboss your buttercream...youuuuuu might be a redneck

to take this one a step further

If you spend HOURS (seriously, hours!) looking at all the different patterns ON the paper towels before making your selection on which brand to buy..............then you SERIOUSLY might be a cake addict!

If you have a box of different rolls/brands/textures of paper towels that you don't use for anything but cakes... then you might be a cake addict.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:34pm
post #44 of 125
Quote:

If you have 36 cupboards and drawers in your kitchen and realize that only 6 have NON-CAKE related items............AND the spare room your step daughter USED to sleep in when she visits over the summer is FILLED with cake supplies...................................youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu might be a cake addict!!!

If you have a whole room just for your cake stuff, even though you only day cakes for friends and family.... You might be a cake addict.

Hey KH, were you the one that that made your child a peanut butter and cake filling on a hot dog bun sandwich?

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:38pm
post #45 of 125

If your children walk thru the kitchen in white socks, and the bottoms of their socks turn all the different colors you've been using to airbrush...you might be a CAKER!

If you stress over finding MORE ppl to farm out all of your practice cakes to that you just HAD to make after getting a new SUGARSHACK dvd...you might be a CAKER!

If your formal dining room is known as "the cake cave," you might be a CAKER!

Love this thread!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:45pm
post #46 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermie1

If the only thing you could think of when ask what you would would like for Christmas was........ New CAke Toys..... And you didn't even have a cake to bake.... you just wanted to play with the toy..... you are a cake addict icon_smile.gif

...and to take this a step further...if you have planned out exacly which cake pan/toy/tools you are going to request for Christmas/birthdays for the next five years...you may be a cake addict.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:51pm
post #47 of 125
Quote:

<----------------If you know more about power tools than your DH ALL because you HAD to have a cupcake stand and were too cheap to buy one already made....................you might be a cake addict!! lol (I learned how to use a jigsaw, a power sander, and a drill...and I know what a t-nut is!)

Bought my cake-only jigsaw this weekend! icon_lol.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:51pm
post #48 of 125

If your grown child calls to let you know he's coming for a visit, planning to stay in his old room not knowing it isn't "his" room anymore and that his old bed was moved out to make room for cake supplies.... then you're empty-nester cake addict.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm
post #49 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

SHERMIE1 WROTE:

My DH has become a cake snob - who would have thought - he critiques other peoples cakes and MINE! He can answer almost any question about baking cakes, leveling, stacking, fondant, gumpaste flowers, etc. He knows who IndyDebi, Jennifer MI, SugarShack, CakePro, and Bobwonderbuns are. I can send him to the grocery store with a list of cake supplies and he now comes back with the correct items!!

Mine too! It cracks me up. He actually met Michele Foster (sugarflowers) at a cake show before I did, then he kept pointing her out to me. He cuts the parchment paper for the pans (he's even learned to wash his hands first thumbs_up.gif ) and gets the bake even strips ready.

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:05pm
post #50 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

If you prefer a new cake toy over jewelry, shoes, and purses, you might be a cake addict!

HaHaHa! That's ME!!!!

rikkijo314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rikkijo314 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:10pm
post #51 of 125

When you find your two year old rolling out fondant, trying to put it on a plastic cake, and then getting frustrated when she gets a rip in it, you know her mommy is a caker!

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:11pm
post #52 of 125

Love it!!

Just like KHalstead. If your kitchen and spare rooms are busting at the seems with cake supplies........you must be a cake addict!

To add even more, if you blow your nose and it comes out blue from airbrushing.....(Never mind the rest of the surrounding area)You are probably a cake addict. ! LOL

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:16pm
post #53 of 125

When one of your friends on Facebook answers the question,

"What do you think 'so and so' is doing right now?"

with,

"Dreaming about her next cake creation."

then you know you're a caker.

thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:20pm
post #54 of 125

When you look at the tiny brushes the periodontist makes you use to clean between your teeth and think, "I bet these would make good alien antennas or something. They must be food safe because you put them in your mouth, right?" you must be a cake addict.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:27pm
post #55 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

My DH has become a cake snob - who would have thought - he critiques other peoples cakes and MINE! He can answer almost any question about baking cakes, leveling, stacking, fondant, gumpaste flowers, etc. He knows who IndyDebi, Jennifer MI, SugarShack, CakePro, and Bobwonderbuns are. I can send him to the grocery store with a list of cake supplies and he now comes back with the correct items!!

I can just see him and my dh meeting up at Michael's sharing a coupons.
My dh is a cake snob also. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif[/quote]

MY DH TOO!!!
He always compares someone else's cake (design AND taste) to mine!!!

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:36pm
post #56 of 125

You know you're an addict when as you're reading this thread your 4 year old daughter says "...Mama, you don't ALWAYS have to look at cakes!!!" (Well actually my dear, Mama does!!icon_smile.gif)

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:42pm
post #57 of 125

If there's a spill in the kitchen and your family says there is nothing to clean it up with even though there is a whole roll of viva.....you might be a cake addict. (#1 rule in the kitchen....don't touch my viva!)

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:47pm
post #58 of 125
Quote:

if you keep checking this thread every 5 seconds like I do, you might be a cake addict

Guilty!!! icon_redface.gif
icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

aggiechef Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:50pm
post #59 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs328

Quote:

if you keep checking this thread every 5 seconds like I do, you might be a cake addict

Guilty!!! icon_redface.gif
icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Me too.... icon_redface.gif

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:54pm
post #60 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengyrl26

Quote:

I can just see him and my dh meeting up at Michael's sharing a coupons.
My dh is a cake snob also. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MY DH TOO!!!
He always compares someone else's cake (design AND taste) to mine!!![/quote]
You know your a CC addict when you nearly burn a cake b/c you were busy reading about being addicted to making cakes...

...but we could totally start a new thread on how you know DH is a cake addict/snob, too!
When your husband comes home from work (COMPLETELY non-cake-related job!) and starts saying things like, "Did you see that thread about blah-blah-blah? I can't believe it!" You KNOW your addiction has become contagious! LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%