If You Do This.........youuuuuuuu Might Be A Cake Addict!!

Lounge By KHalstead Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 12:58am by Naynay538

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 125

Ok, as a way of not continuing to jack someone else's thread any further lol I started a new thread. Basically jenng1482 started a thread talking about how she was getting her braces tightened and wondered if the wires would be good for using in cake, since they're obviously food safe since they're in her mouth!

It made me think of the "you might be a redneck" thing...only about the crazy things as "cake addicts" that we all do that most people would think were odd.

So here are the few from the other thread that were already started, feel free to add any quirky things you find yourself doing! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalstead

If you get your wires for your gumpaste add ons from your orthodontist.............. you might be a cake decorator!

If you look at kleenex boxes for cake designs..............you might be a cake decorator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

If you buy papertowels to emboss your buttercream...youuuuuu might be a redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalstead

If you buy a 6ft. length of pvc pipe for $3, so you can cut it into 18 rolling pins..............youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu might be a redneck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

KH, I love it, though it should be "... you might be a cake addict."

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

if you steal your kids playdo toys (only the new ones, with no kiddie germs on them,lol for fondant, you might be a caker.

124 replies
KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

If you buy papertowels to emboss your buttercream...youuuuuu might be a redneck

to take this one a step further

If you spend HOURS (seriously, hours!) looking at all the different patterns ON the paper towels before making your selection on which brand to buy..............then you SERIOUSLY might be a cake addict!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 125

I've got to add that "if you watch the figure skating during the Olympics and instead of watching the skating, you comment that their costume would make a cool design on a cake...you might be a cake addict."

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 125

If you cant stop logging on to cake central at work at least 10 times a day so you don't miss anything........... then go home and spend at least 2 hours a night looking around....... then you might be a cake addict........... IT'S ME, IT'S ME, IT'S ME........I AM A CAKE ADDICT AND DARN PROUD OF IT. icon_smile.gif

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 125

If you buy shelf liner just for the imprint it would make on fondant.....you might be a cake addict.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 125

If you spend more time on CC discovering new ideas and saving them, than you ever spend actually decorating, then....you might be a CC addict!

pinky73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinky73 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 125

KHalstead's comment: For the Win!

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 125

Does this mean if I spend all day on cc and everything I look at makes my brain start tumbling and brain storming wow i could use that for cakes ( and I mean everything my grandsons toys, anything that has texture , flowers, and anything else i see!! does that mean Iam a cakaholic!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_twisted.gif I LOVE IT thumbs_up.gif I NEED IT icon_biggrin.gif I WANT IT icon_twisted.gif WOO HOOO

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #9 of 125

if your dh has to drag you out of Lowes, while your looking at every screw for a fondant design you might be a cake addict

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:43pm
post #10 of 125

If you find yourself eating a candy bar wondering if it would make a good cake flavor.......you might be a cake addict

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:43pm
post #11 of 125

If you prefer a new cake toy over jewelry, shoes, and purses, you might be a cake addict!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:48pm
post #12 of 125

May I add....

When your hubby tells you lets go to the market Im going to take the car out, dont forgert to grab a bottle (for my baby)

And you dont bother to leave the computer and they are sitting in the car waiting........waiting..............and waiting till he calls you on the cell,

Hubby: "what are you doing"

Me: replying "Im getting the babys bottle ready " icon_lol.gif (while still sitting in the computer)

Hubby: "We are leaving" icon_twisted.gif

Me: "I will be right there I over heated the milk " icon_biggrin.gif (me turning my computer off)

So this is sad/ but true, happends often lol !!!.

You must certaintly be a cake addict

And please dont bash me, or start saying I neglect my boys it's just when hubbys home its my time and I spend alot of time here in the evenings icon_rolleyes.gif And Im in and out during the day thumbs_up.gif

KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:55pm
post #13 of 125

<----------------If you know more about power tools than your DH ALL because you HAD to have a cupcake stand and were too cheap to buy one already made....................you might be a cake addict!! lol (I learned how to use a jigsaw, a power sander, and a drill...and I know what a t-nut is!)

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:01pm
post #14 of 125

If you called into work saying you were running late...because you got on cake central and totally lost all track of time you might be ME...or a cake addict !!

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:07pm
post #15 of 125

When you are supposed to be writing a paper for a university class and it takes 5 times as long as it should because you're constantly checking out CC.....you might be a cake addict!!

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:14pm
post #16 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

If you spend more time on CC discovering new ideas and saving them, than you ever spend actually decorating, then....you might be a CC addict!

Yep that is me!

If you cleaned out your pantry of your families food and small appliances to make room for all your cake toys...you might be a cake addict!!

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:22pm
post #17 of 125

If the only thing you could think of when ask what you would would like for Christmas was........ New CAke Toys..... And you didn't even have a cake to bake.... you just wanted to play with the toy..... you are a cake addict icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm
post #18 of 125

If you have 36 cupboards and drawers in your kitchen and realize that only 6 have NON-CAKE related items............AND the spare room your step daughter USED to sleep in when she visits over the summer is FILLED with cake supplies...................................youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu might be a cake addict!!!

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:27pm
post #19 of 125

Here are my contributions...

When you go through the new Southern Living magazine just to look at the pretty flowers and wonder how hard it would be to make them and how they'd look on a cake....

When you get rid of your shoes because you discover that your shoe shelves make excellent shelves for stacking cake pans on (after I cleaned them, of course)....
Yes, I really did do this one. It's a wonderful space saving device because the shelves stack so nicely... icon_smile.gif

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #20 of 125

If you take a picture of your mom's new throw blanket thinking it would make a great cake design.....you might be a cake addict!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:33pm
post #21 of 125

if your entire kitchen has a thin layer of powdered sugar on every surface and inside every crevice => cake addict.

KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:33pm
post #22 of 125

lol I can totally relate to taking photos of things for cake designs..........you should see me in the gift wrap aisle! I know people think I'm nuts!

tatorchip Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:35pm
post #23 of 125

if you keep checking this thread every 5 seconds like I do, you might be a cake addict

CakeEvolution Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeEvolution Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:44pm
post #24 of 125

I love this thread, I am glad I am not alone. My aunt make home-made x-mas decorations for everyone in the family... Last year, I began the same tradition....lol

When everyone gets CAKE from you, no matter the occasion.........You might be a cake addict.

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:45pm
post #25 of 125

if while the children are watching a dvd you keep pressing pause so you can look at all the different characters to work out how to make them out of fondant (trying to take the picture and separate it into the simple shapes needed)

and then "practicing" them, EVEN WHEN YOU DONT HAVE A CAKE TO MAKE THEM FOR!! you might be a cake addict!

and yes i do this all the time! lol

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:51pm
post #26 of 125

SHERMIE1 WROTE:
If you can't stop logging on to cake central at work at least 10 times a day so you don't miss anything........... then go home and spend at least 2 hours a night looking around....... then you might be a cake addict...........

GALLER WOTE:
If you cleaned out your pantry of your families food and small appliances to make room for all your cake toys...you might be a cake addict!!

CS_CONFECTIONS WROTE:
If you prefer a new cake toy over jewelry, shoes, and purses, you might be a cake addict!

GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY of all three and more. I am so glad to know that I am not alone with my addiction. And I go to sleep almost every night thinking about cakes and decorating in my mind - no wonder I am so tired in the morning. This has been going on for over a year - ever since I discovered CC! And what a wonderful day that was - hummm...... icon_smile.gif

My DH has become a cake snob - who would have thought - he critiques other peoples cakes and MINE! He can answer almost any question about baking cakes, leveling, stacking, fondant, gumpaste flowers, etc. He knows who IndyDebi, Jennifer MI, SugarShack, CakePro, and Bobwonderbuns are. I can send him to the grocery store with a list of cake supplies and he now comes back with the correct items!!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:59pm
post #27 of 125

Peridot: Im working on this one lol !!!

I can send him to the grocery store with a list of cake supplies and he now comes back with the correct items!!

tatorchip Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:01pm
post #28 of 125

My DH has become a cake snob - who would have thought - he critiques other peoples cakes and MINE! He can answer almost any question about baking cakes, leveling, stacking, fondant, gumpaste flowers, etc. He knows who IndyDebi, Jennifer MI, SugarShack, CakePro, and Bobwonderbuns are. I can send him to the grocery store with a list of cake supplies and he now comes back with the correct items!![/quote]

I can just see him and my dh meeting up at Michael's sharing a coupons.
My dh is a cake snob also. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm
post #29 of 125

Just thought of another that i have done,

if you pass on an invite to a girls night out, child free and the first for a year, so that you can play with fondant and make some trial recipes.....you might be a cake addict!

i think i have problems! lol

wendypowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendypowers Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:31pm
post #30 of 125

When even the neighbors don't want anymore cake, cause you just keep making them to play, but don't want to actually eat them yourself! You might be me...I mean a cake addict.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%