Mulit- Colored Flower Pattern On Fondant?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 4:22am by cakesrock

cakesrock Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering how I would create this pattern (or something similar) on fondant. I am looking for the simplest way, of course!

6 replies
CakeEvolution Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 7

I guess you are talking about the actually flowers on the page. I would be a white or neutral color fondant and paint/add the color to each section with petal dust.

cakesrock Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 1:14am
post #3 of 7

I'm wondering about the colored pattern. Seems like a lot of work to paint each section. icon_surprised.gif I have to do about 8 pieces for what I am making.

Maybe I just use a floral impression mat. How do I make it colorful though? Sponge? Looking for ideas!!!!

CakeEvolution Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:23am
post #4 of 7

Oh, sorry....I saw Flower and thought you were trying to make those

Yeah a floral impression mat could work, but you would still need to paint each section by hand.
Edible print pages....that is all i can come up with....Best of Luck

aDBakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:49am
post #5 of 7

Hi, I'm thinking you can print the image out, enlarge to your liking, lay a piece of parchment over it, then trace with royal icing and then fill with the colors you need. You can make 8 of them, let them dry and peel them off and attach to the cake.

cakesrock Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 12:50am
post #6 of 7

I ended up just using a floral impression mat and coloring some of it in with edible markers. It wasn't the exact pattern, but it did the trick and turned out alright.

cakesrock Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:22am
post #7 of 7

I should have added the photo. Those flowers were too heavy for that poor vase and it caved!

Quote by @%username% on %date%