Family Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By nicoles0419 Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 3:29pm by Renaejrk

nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:32am
post #1 of 6

I have a baby shower cake, and the woman wants me to incorperate her husband and her son in it. Any ideas. I have no idea what I can do to incorperate the whole family. Thanks

5 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:38am
post #2 of 6

She wants her husband and son on the cake? or something they like? weird - usually a shower cake is about the baby.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know how you are at modeling figures or how old the son is, but...

could you model figures after them and have them putting up a "Welcome Baby" sign or something to that effect? If they're doing something "welcome baby"ish I think it could be a very cute idea!

Good luck!

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 6

Also, if you model figures, you could have one in the middle holding the baby and the other two looking over his/her shoulder. Good Luck! I have heard of couples showers for weddings but i have never heard of a "family" baby shower.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 6

The figure idea's are very good. If your not very good at them you can always have the figures backs facing towards us..so you dont have to add detail to the faces!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 6

Or figures looking over a crib/cradle/bassinet - I like the idea of having the whole family on there and making it like the family welcoming the baby - that makes more sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%