Manners!

Lounge By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 12:06am by HowCoolGomo1

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:18am
post #1 of 49

When did it happen that no one has them!

Last weekend, while limping some woman kicked and stepped on my casted foot. She told me to get out of her way.

A little later I watched some woman swing her packages around and hit a little kid. She didn't say I'm sorry.

When did this behaviour become OK.

48 replies
Mrs-A Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:23am
post #2 of 49

my pet peeve is people that cough and splutter without covering their mouths, i tell people all the time in public to cover their mouths as thats how people get sick and its disgusting.. oh and sniffing... im a total tissue nazi on the train.... i offer one, they say no, i say "oh you WILL take one and use it", they move soon after icon_smile.gif

of course that fact that peoples bad manners make me behave badly in public is a consequence icon_sad.gif

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 49

Thank you!

Life will be cool because of you! My Dad will never get it.

I will.

It does really irritate me; people, don't cover their mouth. Sneezing and coughing sucks.

Mrs-A Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:38am
post #4 of 49

people on phones in seminars or movies - i stand up and very loudly says stuff like "your phone call must be super important to interupt this movie/lecture so would you like us to all leave to give you some privacy?" and generally this is met by cheers of approval or clapping from other people

im in my 40's now so definately enjoying my "grumpy old woman" syndrome moments

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:50am
post #5 of 49

I want to meet you!

I always wanted to do what you have described.

MaryAnn

Mrs-A Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:57am
post #6 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowCoolGomo1

I want to meet you!
I always wanted to do what you have described.
MaryAnn

yeah but youre in the US so you might get shot..... i live in the bible belt of the Hills district so worst thing that might happen to me is to be given a rude look and told to shut up icon_wink.gif

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:04am
post #7 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-A

people on phones in seminars or movies - i stand up and very loudly says stuff like "your phone call must be super important to interupt this movie/lecture so would you like us to all leave to give you some privacy?" and generally this is met by cheers of approval or clapping from other people

Love you! Omg, you actually tried to hang out with me.

It's ok, Daddy is what he is.

You' re too young too hang out with me.

You're not even close to grumpy old women. Find the guy that says 40 is spectacular! Life sucks, when you hit 50.

indydebi Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:05am
post #8 of 49
Quote:

Welcome to the club! One of the reasons I love getting older is that you can get by with SO much more crap! Man, it's fun!! If you'd say it in your 20's, then you're a smart-a$$ kid, but say it in your 40's or 50's and people wave you off because "eh.... she's just old!" (But I STILL got to say it / do it!) thumbs_up.gif

Older IS better!!

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:29am
post #9 of 49

I didn't get it done.l

Dad will kill me!

JustToEatCake Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:14pm
post #10 of 49

[quote="indydebi"]

Quote:

Older IS better!!

thumbs_up.gif Count me in on that but can I just stop aging right here?

mrspriss0912 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:59am
post #11 of 49

I like you guys can I hang with you? I threatend to hand out copies of Emily Post good grief people can just be soooooooooooooo wrong

cylstrial Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:57am
post #12 of 49

I hate going shopping at the grocery store because no one ever says excuse me, yet they take up the whole aisle. And then when I say excuse me and try to go past them, they give me the dirty look?!? Hello - you're blocking the freaking way!

indydebi Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:06am
post #13 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I hate going shopping at the grocery store because no one ever says excuse me, yet they take up the whole aisle. And then when I say excuse me and try to go past them, they give me the dirty look?!? Hello - you're blocking the freaking way!

This is where being old and getting by with stuff comes in handy. My daughter has feared for her life when she's with me in the store and this happens. Because I "accidently" bump into their cart, push thru their space, give them the idea that they need to MOVE the hell out of my way, and then as I'm walking by, I'll say "I guess you ARE the only ones in the store ... no one ELSE needs to get their groceries and get home to their kids!"

Daughter starts pushing the cart faster saying "let's go, mom! let's go NOW!"

Add to the list my grocery aisle irritation of parking the cart on the right side of the aisle while your big 'ole a$$ is bent over so you can take your sweet ole time looking at the bottom row of canned items on the LEFT side of the aisle! *I* just push their cart out of the way. If they are rude enought to block the aisle .... then I'm going to be kind enough to show them where to shove their cart! icon_twisted.gif

I hate going to the grocery anyway .... so don't pi$$ me off when I'm in there! icon_twisted.gif

rosiecast Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:16am
post #14 of 49

Hehehehe. I was at Whole Food market yesterday with my (almost) 3 year old. We were in line. It was NOT moving but this older lady kept pushing us. (I don't know if she wanted to skip the line) She hit my daughter in the head and my daughter said: Sorry lady. LOL I kept giving her dirty looks, but when she hit my daughter I had to tell her (loudly) to keep her distance from us because if she pushed us again it was going to get ugly. Another lady in line backed me up when the lady wanted to argue with me. Crazy old hag.

And yes, I do shop on the side and don't take the whole aisle and my kid behaves (most of the time). I'm only 32 but I feel like an old lady with all these rude, obnoxious people.

Tiffany29 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:25am
post #15 of 49

My DH is awful at the grocery, I can not stand to go with him! Our last couple of trips to the store, we have been lucky enough to be behind the lady with $450 worth of groceries and 75 coupons!!! DH stands and rolls his eyes and has something to say about it when we get in the car.

I really don't like when I am coming out of the store, with a cart full of groceries and 2 kids, and people are trying to come IN the EXIT...I always say very loudly "It says EXIT!!"

Mrs-A Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #16 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecast

.......r I had to tell her (loudly) to keep her distance from us because if she pushed us again .......

12hr flight from sydney to LA with a kid (about 10yrs) sitting behind me kicking my seat constantly

i asked him politely twice not to do it while mummy was saying stuff like "darling, plesae dont do that for mummy"

the third time i told him that it was "going to be a very long flight and if he did it again i was going to rip his leg off and wave it back at him"

he stopped, mum didnt say a word

icon_biggrin.gif cant take me anywhere

indydebi Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:38am
post #17 of 49
Quote:

the third time i told him that it was "going to be a very long flight and if he did it again i was going to rip his leg off and wave it back at him"

Oh I am SO going to love having you on here! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

mrspriss0912 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 11:17pm
post #18 of 49

ROTFL Mrs A that is great !!!!

rosiecast Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:15am
post #19 of 49
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecast

.......r I had to tell her (loudly) to keep her distance from us because if she pushed us again .......

12hr flight from sydney to LA with a kid (about 10yrs) sitting behind me kicking my seat constantly

i asked him politely twice not to do it while mummy was saying stuff like "darling, plesae dont do that for mummy"

he stopped, mum didnt say a word

icon_biggrin.gif cant take me anywhere

Hahahahaha. That's priceless. LOL

Mrs-A Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:21am
post #20 of 49

im a shocker for opening my mouth and not thinking first...

i only have 1 niece and 5 nephews. once this boy came a'knockin on the door asking to speak to the lovely Ms Rebecca

i looked at him, all 5'11 and hmm-lbs of me and said "i scuba dive you know. i have various ways of killing you and i can put your body in places no one will EVER find it"

he never came back... wonder why....

my niece just rolls her eyes because shes use to it from everyone when it comes to her

JustToEatCake Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:38am
post #21 of 49

I most definitely push carts out of my way. If there is a crownd and my family/friends want to get through they just get behind me. I will not be rude or pushy if you let me by. I will always say excuse me and if someone is making the effort to move I'll give them all the time they need.

Here is MY PET PEEVEEEEEEEEEE people walking through the grocery store blocking traffic pushing their cart with one hand because the other one is on the freaking PHONE!!! They can't even pull their carts over with one hand...I always give them a dirty look or say "We'll if you'd get off the phone you wouldn't be holding up traffic".

Tiffany29 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 11:57am
post #22 of 49

I was at wal-mart wednesday night. This lady was walking by on her cell phone and a couple that knew her noticed her. They say "hi kim, how are you?" They were stopped ready to chat. She says " I'm fine" and keeps walking and talking on her phone! The couple had this puzzled look on their face.

Bluehue Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:01pm
post #23 of 49

Standing 6th in line at supermarket check out and all of a sudden i hear

I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWW - GET IT FOR MEEEEEEEEE
I SAID GET IT FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - I WANT ITTTTTTTTT
icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I SAIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD GET IT FOR ME

I turn to see child of approx 6 years screaming and pointing at its Mother

Mother looks at me and states

Mind your own business

I calmly state

What you and *that child* do in your home is your business
What you and *that child* do 17 inches from my left ear and in public IS MY BUSINESS

Mother lifts icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif child from trolley and leaves supermarket

Me - thrilled thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif as not only was it quiet but i saw a packet of T Bags in her trolley that i use - saved me running back to grab a packet
Bonus thumbs_up.gif

miss_sweetstory Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:50pm
post #24 of 49

I love you guys.

I get really peeved on the tube and other public transport. I was raised to offer my seat to anyone who looked to need it more than I. That means the obviously pregnant woman, or one with small kids, older folks, the injured etc. If they choose to refuse it that's up to them. A few weeks ago I got up to offer my seat to a stooped gentleman with a cane. He almost got knocked over by the 20-something "professional" who dived into the seat as soon as my rear left it. I said (very loudly... the entire car heard me), "Excuse me, YOU just took this gentleman's seat. Please move." He did, with a sheepish look. The older man sat down and said, "I just love you Americans. You speak your mind."

I know it was about decent manners, not about nationality, but I was tickled.

Ann

rosiecast Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:40pm
post #25 of 49

Ann, I do the same. Or I used to do it. I don't have a long commute anymore so the train's empty when I get off. good for you!

7yyrt Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 3:38pm
post #26 of 49

Oh yes, it is sometimes good to be old.

So many ladies like me here...

Bluehue Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:47pm
post #27 of 49

And spitting in public - what is with that - icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

Who teachers there young to do that - besides camels icon_rolleyes.gif

JulieMN Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 7:09pm
post #28 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Mind your own business

I calmly state

What you and *that child* do 17 inches from my left ear and in public IS MY BUSINESS

Mother lifts icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif child from trolley and leaves supermarket

Me - thrilled thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif as not only was it quiet but i saw a packet of T Bags in her trolley that i use - saved me running back to grab a packet
Bonus thumbs_up.gif

Perfect!

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #29 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMN

Quote:

Mind your own business

I calmly state

Bonus thumbs_up.gif

Perfect!

Can't say it better myself!

kiki07 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:30am
post #30 of 49
Quote:

And spitting in public - what is with that - icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

Who teachers there young to do that - besides camels icon_rolleyes.gif

Fabulous! Gotta get in here. At the store I say excuse me really perky like and give them a great big smile and thank you when they move, they all get this shocked look on their faces... never having heard of manners they don't recognize them when they see them! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%