Flavoring Fondant

Baking By laurieadams0901 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm by Anne1017

laurieadams0901 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 9

I have my first wedding cake coming up. The bride asked if I can make the fondant taste like strawberry on 1 layer, chocolate on another and last layer like marshmallows. Can I use Lorann oils to accomplish this or am I just asking too much from my fondant? Please help icon_redface.gif

8 replies
Renaejrk Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 9

It depends what colors you are willing to do - if you want all white fondant you may have a problem, but if you can go with different colors no problem at all! The Lorann strawberry is a red/pink color and will tint your fondant a little. To get chocolate, you will have to really use chocolate and that obviously will make it brown icon_smile.gif. For the last layer you can use marshmallow fondant, so it obviously will taste like marshmallow!

laurieadams0901 Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 9

thanks so much for your help, renea...I'll post the cake when it is finished icon_biggrin.gif

catlharper Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 9

I flavor my MMF all the time...vanilla, almond, strawberry, lemon...clear extracts only for a white cake tho. Add the flavoring at the time the marshmallows are melted before you add any powdered sugar.

Renaejrk Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 3:36am
post #5 of 9

Yeah, the clear will definitely work, though they are not as strong, and sometimes you can't find them. - and I hate fake chocolate flavor -ick! LOL You could definitely try it though!

laurieadams0901 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for all the help ladies. I had no idea that there were so many clear flavorings. I will definitely give it a try before the wedding. icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 9

you know, thats something ive never thought about actually flavouring the fondant! its a great idea!

elainem51 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 11:03pm
post #8 of 9

Can you also flavor commercial fondant?Fondx? Satin Ice? Thanks

Anne1017 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm
post #9 of 9

Has anyone ever substituted the liquid (water) in MMF with another liquid such as kirsh (cherry brandy)? I probably crazy for wanting to do this but will the brandy work and give me the correct consistency? Color won't be a problem as I will be coloring it red of course. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%