? About Listing Through Www.decidio.com

Business By dalis4joe Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 11:29am by leepat

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 10

www.decidiocom
Anyone Familiar with that site? I sgned up and posted my listing... they way hey work is... someone fills out a cake ordr req. with apro servngs and budget pr slice.... u them get all that info mailed to you with all the infomation EXCEPT thei name, address, telephone, mail.... and if u interested... you need to pay for that "LEAD"....

Does anyone now about "leads"?
how m,uch do you payfor the leads?
what is your percentage of booked orders via this way?

Thanks in advance....

9 replies
l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 10

imho it's a hit or miss. when i signed up with them about year half ago, i purchased a lot of leads(they're a $1.00 a piece) that came in. I would say that of the ones i purchased I actually got a response from maybe 10% of them and got actual orders from maybe 4% of that. I get a lot of leads from them but a lot of them are just so far away and most people want an extravigant cake for nothing. i've gotten to where I only purchase leads that give more information in their original lead as far as what type of cake they're looking for and if they're close enough and it's a date I can do, then i purchase it. if you're interested in giving them a quote, then try to respond as quickly as possible. those are the ones that i've actually gotten orders from. if it's been a few hours, then they've usually already contacted someone else. I put $20 in "my account" with them at a time.

hth

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 10

the leads are a $1 but there is no guarentee that the lead you pay for will respond back to you. You have to be selective but dont count on orders from it. There are many sites like this, and there leads cost more.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 10

ditto. Generally not worth it.

ButtercupMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercupMama Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 10

I use it selectively. I put $20 in my account also, and then if a "lead" comes in for a cake for 10 people, I blow it off. If the the lead sounds halfway decent I might respond, and pay the dollar.
But to be honest, I really don't know how many of these folks are actually calling us up. I'm finding more and more sites that offer vendors free listings are doing this, and I'd go broke, and waste a lot of time if I paid for every single lead.
It may be worth a shot tho, and the investment can be as small as you want!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:59am
post #6 of 10

I have an account but rarely purchase the leads. They haven't paid off. However becuase of it I show up at the top if you do a google search for cakes in my area which is worth it.

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 10

I actually have had great success with Decidio. I mean for $20.00 in the account, I've gotten 3 weddings and several large special event cakes all worth $200+.

When I contacted the people, they said they would love to work with me because I was the only person that contacted them back!

So, for me it was worth it. Moreso than wedding wire.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:08am
post #8 of 10

Also, you can change your lead info so that only people who want cakes that are in the price range (or serving range) that you do will actually generate leads. I just eliminated the >10 servings option, and set the price listing for what I actually charge and above. I've only been on Decidio for a short time, but I've been getting some web hits, which is nice! I like showing up at the TOP of the bakery listings!

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 4:50pm
post #9 of 10

I have gotten some decent success with them like everyone else put $20 at a time for lead and to have my business posted at the top for my area. I have contacted people about leads and gotten maybe 25% success and have even gotten them to order more than what they were looking for. For me it works better weddingwire.com

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 11:29am
post #10 of 10

I have had great success with them also. I put 20 on account and so far have gotten 3 weddings out of them. So well worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%