Complaint?? I Don't See It, Do You?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm by WendyB

chezzajd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzajd Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:34pm
post #31 of 48

the cake is outsatanding, its gone straight to my favourites,
i do not see what there is to complain about, at the end of the day she knew she was getting a discount she should be happy you produced an excellent cake,

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:42pm
post #32 of 48

Not a thing wrong with that cake, it's stunning!

Bar lighting makes everything look dull!! She's already gotten a deal, she knows it and is just looking for more. I agree with the earlier poster who suggested you give her a copy of the pic. Proof of what an amazing cake she got for a steal!

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:47pm
post #33 of 48

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this cake! I added it to my favorites the day you posted it! It is phenomenal and probably worth triple what she paid for it!

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 6:02pm
post #34 of 48

nothing wrong with the cake .red is red black looks black. i wouldn't make another cake for her ever again.

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #35 of 48

I added this cake to favorites the moment I saw it! I absolutely love it!!!

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 6:31pm
post #36 of 48

I absolutely love your cake! There is nothing wrong with it. I agree with everyone else and I also think she had one too many and couldn't see straight! icon_smile.gif It went right to my faves. Don't worry about her. Give her a picture and explain SLOWLY about bar lighting, obviously she isn't too bright!

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 6:42pm
post #37 of 48

I can't see anything like what the client is complaining about. I think she might need to have her eyes examined...I'm being serious about that. The cake looks fantastic! icon_smile.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 6:51pm
post #38 of 48

I think she wound up broke after the party and she needed money so she said "easy money I will go after the cake lady"

That cake in awsome , just dust it off girl

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:12pm
post #39 of 48

GORGEOUS!!! I was expecting something totally different from your post. You did a fantastic job! If anything the lady owes YOU an apology for complaining about such fine work. Lighting definitely could have come into play. I did a full size Les Paul guitar, and the lighting at the venue made the burgundy guitar look brown. Adding this one to my favs!

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm
post #40 of 48

People who've never made a decorated cake don't know how much work it takes to create a fabulous cake. There's no Sherwin Williams paint store for colored fondant and icing. You don't go down to Lowes and ask the paint department to mix icing to the exact shade.

It's cake and it's made for eating!

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 9:04pm
post #41 of 48

You cake is beautiful......dont let someone beat you down. Easy to say, hard to do. I have done it myself.

Somehow I find the ones you give a discount and do extra work for appreciate it the least. Then they expect more. She just has buyers regret and wants some money back in her pocket. No one else will be giving her money back. So, she targeted you. Tell her it is a cake not plastic. And the colors were accurate. Sorry, it didnt show that well in her venues lights.

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 9:06pm
post #42 of 48

Because when you give a person that good of a deal, they feel like they own you and can do/say whatever.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 9:28pm
post #43 of 48

like the others have said, possibly the lighting at her venue didnt show the true colours and if i would email her your photo pointing out the difference between the colours

i hope she is embarrassed once she realizes shes made a goose of herself - its an amazing cake

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 12:27am
post #44 of 48

I think your Ace in the Hole are the BROWN cigars. YOu can definitely see the color diff when you compare the cigars to the black. POint that out.

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:12am
post #45 of 48

This cake is absolutely amazing!! I would definitely show her this pic (in a nice way, though) to show her that it truly is black. I don't understand why people complain so much, esp when they get a big discount!! Great Job icon_biggrin.gif

buttercreamdreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamdreams Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:24am
post #46 of 48

You did a great job. I have learned that whenever I seem to give someone a deal, there is always a problem. Feathers and fondant are two totally different materials. The colors may not be exact but they are close. Apologize, thank the customer and keep it moving....I used to beat myself up about things like this a lot. I am sure if you hadn't done a good job, you would have been the first to notice...I bet in your heart you know you did a fantastic job and I am certain she got a lot of compliments. This cake is awesome. We cannot please everyone unfortunately. Especially in this business.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:36am
post #47 of 48

cake balls

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyB

"I'm sorry that the colors did not show as well as you would have liked in your venue. I've enclosed a nice photo that you might like to use in your photo album."

Don't argue or defend your work -- it is just not necessary. You don't have to point out how wrong she is, just know that you are right and did a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%