Expresson Vs Cake: Gumpaste,fondant,paper,model Choc

Decorating By JenniferAtwood Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm by JenniferAtwood

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:44am
post #1 of 6

Check out my newest blog entry. We put the expression against the cake using fondant, gumpaste, and modeling chocolate. We are open to suggestions on what mediums to test with. Go to the blog and see our results. www.cuttingedgecakeart.com

5 replies
southerngal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerngal Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 8:21am
post #2 of 6

First off you black and white cake with the stand in the middle is the prettiest thing i have ever seen. I another post you said you have also done that cake by hand without using the cricut machine. If you donyt mind can you explain that process and also what cartridge set did you purchase to make that design. You cake is espiring to bu a cricut

tjika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjika Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 10:34am
post #3 of 6

very exciting.

Does the cake blade housing fit the expression? Would be nice if they sold it seperately as well icon_smile.gif

Rosey1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosey1120 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 11:20am
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much for posting all of this very helpful information!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjika

very exciting.

Does the cake blade housing fit the expression? Would be nice if they sold it seperately as well icon_smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing.

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 6

No, the cake blade housing does not fit the Expression. But the Expression Housing fits on the Cake.

The black and white cake pattern did not come from a cartridge. I scanned a scroll into Adobe Illustrator, made a few changes, then downloaded into SCAL to cut.
When I did a pattern very similar to this by hand, I traced with parchment paper the scroll with a non toxic graphite pencil. Then placed the parchment on the cake and gently retraced. Then I painted (have done both) with 1. black gel food coloring or 2 a thined down buttercream that was piped then smoothed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%