Ultimate Cake Off - Mar 1

Lounge By Jenn2179 Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 4:26am by JenniferAtwood

Jenn2179 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #1 of 22

Anyone watching. Huge names on today? Colette, Norman, and Anne Heap. Should be a good one. I just started it, I love Tivo.

21 replies
nannie Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:57am
post #2 of 22

great show

If I ever get a chance to do Collette's assistant, I would do exactly what she wants, no questions asked.

I swear I saw sugar shack in the promo for the next one....... and they implied she says a naught word icon_eek.gif

sugarshack Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:12am
post #3 of 22

i did.. many of them....icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:17am
post #4 of 22

hee, hee and I thought you were a retiring southern belle. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Jenn2179 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:22am
post #5 of 22

Sharon - more power to you to do Ultimate Cake Off.

Side note - Norman just said the Cricut was cutting edge cake technology and only 12 people were using it. I beg to differ, yes only 12 have Cricut Cake but lots of us are using the technology!

sugarshack Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:24am
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

hee, hee and I thought you were a retiring southern belle. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

afer next week you all will see the real me

and I am a bit worried..... icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:45am
post #7 of 22

Who doesn't say a bad word or two, or a million when making cake...haha.

JenniferAtwood Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:04am
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2179

Side note - Norman just said the Cricut was cutting edge cake technology and only 12 people were using it. I beg to differ, yes only 12 have Cricut Cake but lots of us are using the technology!

I believe what Norman was refering to was that at the time the episode was filmed there was approximatly that many being used commercially.

bonnscakesAZ Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:22am
post #9 of 22

Hi Sharon!! Hehe at your naughty word!

rosiecast Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:23am
post #10 of 22

I missed it. ;( Wonder when they're showing it again.

Sharon, I can't wait to see your appearance. I just watched ALL of your DVD sneak peeks. And I ordered the BC DVD and a couple of mats. You Rock!!! And now that I know you're a regular human being even more. hahahaha

sugarshack Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:45am
post #11 of 22

Thanks Rosie!

They better have their bleeper tuned up for next week! just sayin.....

icon_smile.gif

auntiecake Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:57am
post #12 of 22

When is the rerun from tonight? I missed it and so want to see it!

ayerim979 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 6:39am
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiecake

When is the rerun from tonight? I missed it and so want to see it!

Dammit, I missed it too. I had to closed late icon_cry.gif

costumeczar Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 11:38am
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferAtwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2179

I believe what Norman was refering to was that at the time the episode was filmed there was approximatly that many being used commercially.

How does he know how many are being used commercially? I laughed really hard when I heard that. Pfffft...

JenniferAtwood Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 12:56pm
post #15 of 22

I will again assume (I don't work for Norman) that because if you have noticed on here we are a close community, simply by talking to other decorators. That does not mean he knew everyone using it.

Jenn2179 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:05pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferAtwood

I will again assume (I don't work for Norman) that because if you have noticed on here we are a close community, simply by talking to other decorators. That does not mean he knew everyone using it.

I totally understand that. I just thought it was funny when I know there are tons of people using it. Nothing againt Norman.

peg818 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:08pm
post #17 of 22

But Ah did you see it was an expressions machine that they used.

JenniferAtwood Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm
post #18 of 22

That episode was filmed before ours and I know I knew there was something in the works, but it was not introduced until weeks after we recorded our epidsode using the Expression.

costumeczar Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:06pm
post #19 of 22

Well, I've met Norm and he's a nice guy, but it sounded ridiculous to say that there are only 12 people using it, and it's "cutting edge" technology. It's a mechanical exacto knife, for pete's sake. On top of that, all you have to do is look at the multiple Cricut threads on this site to see that there are way more than 12 people using it. I'm sure that he meant no malice by the statement, but it was just incorrect.

Jennifer-- On another note, is that your bakery that has the blog entries comparing the Expression and the cake versions? Those are interesting entries, I've read them and it's good to see what the differences are. For myself, the machine takes too long to get set up and working, I can just use the Cricut to make a stencil then cut the designs out by hand way faster than I can roll everything out and prep the mats etc etc.

rosiecast Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:10pm
post #20 of 22

Costumeczar- provo craft has stencil material you can use for that.

Jennifer- in your blog you talk about removing the middle roller on the Expressions machine. Can you elaborate on that more?- pics would be great. Thanks,

sweetflowers Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 10:10pm
post #21 of 22

I've assisted Colette for 2 years in her classes in Las Vegas, sure wish I could be on one of those teams, but I don't have a name...well...I have a name, just no one knows it...well...you know what I mean.... <sigh> I'm bummed I missed the episode.

JenniferAtwood Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:26am
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecast

Costumeczar- provo craft has stencil material you can use for that.

Jennifer- in your blog you talk about removing the middle roller on the Expressions machine. Can you elaborate on that more?- pics would be great. Thanks,

If you look in Part 1....You can see the metal bar on the Expression is missing the rubber rollers in the middle. If you need more PM me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%