Edible Ink Printer

Decorating By mdaily Updated 7 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm by mdaily

mdaily Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:13am
post #1 of 3

I'm considering purchasing a printer for doing edible images. I'm looking for some feedback on which printers are good ones and which ones people have had problems with.

I appreciate any input.

2 replies
icingimages Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 3

I am partical to the Canon, but I do use one Epson for wide format printing. The difference primarily is the removable printhead in the Canon which allows you to take out and clean if necessary. Epson doesnt have one so if you cant get the clog out through traditional means. That being said, alot comes down to the ink. The only reason I have just begun using the Epsons is that the ink we are using for the newer Canons, our gold label ink, has been marvelous....virtually no clogging. So after extended testing on the Epson, I am extremely satisfied. I would also strongly suggest you call a few companies and see who you like! After all, all the companies out there have about the same pricing, you must like the company you are working with. Do they have good products, are they knowledgeable, do they care about your business and do they get the product to you in a timely manner? Best of luck to you!

mdaily Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you Debbie, that gives me something to go on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%