Hey You Thank You So Much

Decorating By ninatat Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 5:12am by Justforfun751

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, i just really want to thank the person that sent me, the really nice hand mixer, I got a knock on the door, and the mail man is there with a package, i'm thinking i didn't order anything, i opened it and there is was, i used it, and am using it tonight. i was having a pity party one day one here because i tried a new bc, had corn syrup, and it came out sticky, everyone was so nice it trying to help me save it, but it just wouldn't work, then i went to turn my stand mixer, that i got from a yard sale last summer for 10 dollars, small motor but worked great it made a lot of bc with it. along with the mixer breaking which should have been trivial, and it was, but the underlining was my mother went to the hospital on Christmas eve, thinking she had a stroke, christmas day found it was a brain tumor, and the next day she had surgery,it turned out to be the worst and most agressive sp cancer to get, my dad was real sick last year. but he get's around. they are 86. and so lucky to still have, most don't. my mom is so happy today last day or radiation and has to take the pill for some time. i can't believe how good she is doing and the Dr. said the same to her. we had to stay with her 24 seven when she was out of the hospital, they didn't want her to fall and get 14 days after surgery so she could start radiation, now my dad gets mad when she decides wants to throw a load of towel in the wash, and we tell him if she feel like doing something let her do it and you could help lol, when she had a pace maker in 3 years ago, he called my sister and said, i never realized what your mother does, he was a lost sole, like woman in those day's she spoiled him, he had never made a sandwich or hot dog, and with his health now he's in the recliner and walks around to exercise, we've said when mom makes a sandwich help her. but i know her oh i'll do it. sorry i don't mean this to be depressing, so many people have to go through this. but getting the present really put a smile on my face, the way the things are right now, that people think of other's i used to be the same way, give a gift because i wanted to and not wanting anything in return, giving really made me happy but on ssd i can't but i still will sneak something from the clearance at hallmark one in a while i can't help it , and when i fist started on this site and was taking class, someone sent me the ball tools, and sponge for fondant. So thank you soo much i can't say it enough, and being on this site and everyone so helpful and full of encouragement it's like one big family. that truly care in our success, thank you, and the cake central family Diane off to make some bc dad's birthday is Thursday, oh they love the cupcakes i bring over need to fatten them up lol they will be married 67 years in June isn't that something
LL

3 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:14am
post #2 of 4

Wow. What a load you have been dealing with. I'm glad things are going better with your mom's health. I hope things continue to look up for your family. CCers are so helpful and thoughtful when it comes to someone having a need.

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:51am
post #3 of 4

May God continue to bless you and your beautiful parents.

Justforfun751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justforfun751 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:12am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for posting your story! Although I am sorry to hear about your troubles and hope that all goes well, it is so nice to hear how thoughtful people can be!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%