University Of Kentucky Blue

Decorating By bates123 Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm by Donnagardner

bates123 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 6

I need to do a University of Kentucky cake. What color do I need to use to get this deep UK blue?
I really like this cake and it's a perfect color. Please help.

.CakeCentral.com Copyright 2009 CakeCentral.com

CakeCentral.com Photo Gallery on CakeCentral.com
Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us ..

5 replies
poohsmomma Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 6

Are you using fondant or buttercream?

Did you mean to attach a picture or a link to a picture?

CakesbyChalupa Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:22am
post #3 of 6

Since the blue of the UK Wildcats is not really DARK blue, Royal Blue should work for you. I don't think it is even as dark as Royal Blue... you may want to check first.

Just remember, it does darken a bit on it's own, so when ou think it's almost there, cover it and let sit for a while and then go back and look at it. I did that when I had to make Navy Blue and thought I would never get it dark enough.

Good luck!!!
Kelly

tesso Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:45am
post #4 of 6

i have to make a uk wedding cake and i am using americolors royal blue in MMF. It is a very close match.

poohsmomma Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 6

I have made two cakes with UK logos. The first was fondant. I ordered royal blue fondant from Satin Ice. It was more of a teal color, which surprised me. I added purple to it and got a nice royal blue.

On the second cake, I used buttercream (FBCT). I used the Americolor royal blue. It takes quite a bit of color, and if you let it sit overnight, it gets more blue/vibrant.

Another idea if you're in a pinch. If I only needed a little royal blue, I have bought those Wilton tubes of decorator icing. Their color is so strong that you can mix it with buttercream and not lose the vibrancy.

HTH. Be sure to post pix.

Donnagardner Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 6

Yep Royal Blue makes it perfectly. Go CATS!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%