Strawberry Wasc??

Baking By DLo912 Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 2:11am by noahsmummy

DLo912 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone,

I have just been asked to make a strawberry cake for tomorrow and I am wondering if I can do a Strawberry cake version of the WASC recipe...? Will it work? Has anyone tried it? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
Loucinda Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 10

I use strawberry margharita mix instead of the water, and I finely chop up about 1 cup of berries and add that to the batter too. You can use strawberry cake mix or white....either way you may want to add some red color, when you make it like I do, it isn't a real pretty pink color when it is done! (it looks like a "salmon" color IMO) But it tastes wonderful!

DLo912 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 10

Ok great! I will definitely use your suggestions when I make it tonight! Thanks so much! : )

kakeladi Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 12:40am
post #4 of 10

Nothing wrong w/the suggestion given but you can also:
Use a teaspoon of KoolAid in the water;
Add about a 1/2 of pkg of strawberry jello
Add fresh or fzn strawberries

Any of the abov e added to a strawberry cake mix and you're in business icon_smile.gif

tesso Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:07am
post #5 of 10

i have used the strawberry margarita mix and it tasted great. and of course i had to make drink since the mix WAS already out.. icon_lol.gif

The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:07am
post #6 of 10

I've done WASC with strawberry mix, and used vanilla instead of almond, works great!

SHYLERScakes Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:33am
post #7 of 10

Instead of water, I use strawberry milk or strawberry soda & instead of sourcream, I use strawberry yogurt...soooo good!

smbegg Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:48am
post #8 of 10

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6960/easy-strawberry-cake-from-a-mix

This is my version:
1 White Duncan Hines Cake mix (have not tried with the pudding mixes)
1 1/3 cups Water
2 Table Spoons Veg oil
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream (can use yogurt)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 package strawberry jello
4 oz pureed frozen sliced strawberrys in syrup (drain most of the syrup it will cause the cake to sink if you do not)

Using sugar free Jello helps to lower sugar content. This is one of my favorite cakes and always gets rave reviews!

Stephanie

tannersmom Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:06am
post #9 of 10

I use all flavors with WASC recipe. I subsitute the cake mixes and flavors. Works like a charm every time. Like for the strawberry, I'd use the strawberry cake mix and a strawberry liquid in the place of the water.
HTH

noahsmummy Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:11am
post #10 of 10

i did a strawberry cake the other day for my sisters bday,i made a standard vanialla cake with cake extender (on this site) and i just put in some queen strawberry essence plus some pink food colouring to make it pretty..lol, and it was great! everyone was raving about the flavour. mum has already decided thats what she whats for her cake.. along with my strawberry mouse.. and she doenst really like cake.. so it had to be good right? sometimes the simplest things work the best. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%