60Th Birthday Helllllp

Decorating By msalloy1 Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 7:55pm by DetailsByDawn

msalloy1 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 4

I am at a total loss. I am making a birthday cake for my father-in-law for his 70th birthday. He has lots of hobbies, so I have lots of ideas. However, my step-father's 60th birthday is the same day as my f.i.l.'s party. SO, I need to make a small cake for him just to acknowledge that it is a special day for him, too, but we want the main focus to stay on the 70th birthday. My step-father does not have any hobbies, no favorite sports teams, doesn't drink, and is a CPA, so no interesting job ideas. I don't want to do anything "over the hill-ish" for it and I am just blanking on what I can possibly do. I would love any and all suggestions! Thanks so much!

3 replies
bashini Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 4

Hi there, you can make a present cake with a bow and no.60 all over the cake. There are few cakes that I did in my photos if you want to have a look.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

DetailsByDawn Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 4

The only thing that popped into my head was a play on the "step"-father title. Maybe instead of "over the hill" you could do a staircase? Thanks for stepping up to be a great father? Happy birthday to a wonderful step-father? Otherwise, maybe a throwback to popular things from the year he was born or when he was a teenager? I'm sure this wasn't very helpful. LOL. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%