Facebook Button On Website

Lounge By jillmakescakes Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 8:53pm by Auntie_RaRa

jillmakescakes Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 10

anyone willing to share with me how to put a Facebook link on my homepage? I can't seem to figure it out in Facebook.

9 replies
jammjenks Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 10

I can't figure it out either. I hope someone can help us.

jillmakescakes Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 10

Yeah!! so it's not just me. icon_lol.gif

Auntie_RaRa Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 10

On my home page, I have the fan box and button...is that what you are asking how to do?

Here is my site... http://ladydicakes.com/home.htm

l80bug79 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 10

i've tried to figure that one out as well.... can you help us lady di?

CookieMeister Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 10

When I first started my website, I used the facebook "widget" - it gave you the html code to put the button on the website. if you do a search in google, it'll take you to that page (sorry, I'm not on my primary computer where I have the link saved). Unfortunately, after I re-did my website though, I ahven't been able to get the widget to work for me. I got frustrated by it and haven't returned to it yet.

jillmakescakes Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 10

No Auntie RaRa, I'm looking for just the little button that has an F on it to allow them to click on it and transfer to my facebook page.

(ps- did I ever send you my cake bite wedding cake pic?)

Auntie_RaRa Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 10

I have someone working on my new website and he put a facebook logo and it appears there is a link with the logo. Do a google search and I'm sure there are better explanations to get it on the site. Yes, I did get your fabulous cake bite cake!!

What is on my website is done by using a widget. For the life of me, I can't get to it on facebook, but I google "add facebook fan box to website" and there are lots of pages on how to do this.

Good luck!

pattycakesnj Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 10

I did it but my sister walked me thru it. It is done not thru facebook but just thru the computer, cutting and pasting the hmtl. I can get directions from her later this evening,(she is in Ca at work and I am in NJ, on the computer) so if anyone wants them, pm me or I can just post the directions here

Auntie_RaRa Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 10

This is what I did to get the fan box on my website:

Step 1: Go to your Facebook fan page. Beneath your profile image, click Add Fan Box to your site.

Step 2: Customize your options. You can show your stream, show fan thumbnails, or simply embed become a fan without any of the other bells and whistles.

Step 3: Paste the code where you want it to appear. If youre using WordPress, you can paste that code as a text widget.

Facebooks developer wiki explains a few advanced options for manipulating the code to change height, width, number of fans that appear, etc.

Youll also notice that theres an option to use a live stream

Good luck and hope it helps!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%