Alice In Wonderland-New Movie

Decorating By kakedreamer1212 Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 6:53am by Jeep_girl816

kakedreamer1212 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 8

Someone asked me to make an Alice in Wonderland cake to go with the new movie. The movie previews look a bit on the dark side so my question is... what colors would be best to use on the cake tiers themselves? I'm totally lost on the colors to use for this cake but was thinking I might go with the top tier being a bit more on the bright side with the grass and small flowers and having Alice's body sticking halfway out of the hole like she is falling in and then the next tier maybe getting on the dark side like after she falls in but how do I make the two tiers work together or should I just stick to both tiers being on the dark side? Thank you for any advice you can give.

7 replies
aquamom Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 8

Hi,

I love the idea of her falling down the rabbit hole for the first tier. You might want to look at the trailers to get some ideas of the colors that are being used. Good luck!!

Lou71 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 8

I love the idea of the grass etc on the top tier with her going down the rabbit hole.

For the second tier you could do anything (not necessary dark) but from the mad hatter tea party, queen of hearts, eat me and drink me items etc.

Good luck with the ideas.

Louise

melmar02 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:38pm
post #4 of 8

I think I remember a lot of green and purple in the trailers. Maybe a purple bottom tier would give you both the color you want and a slightly more dark canvas to work on than the top tier?

Good luck - please post pix when done!

Jack031 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 8

For you colors I would say use darker tones since the new Alice and Wonderland movie has a more gothic feel to it compared to the original version released many years ago. Also, I would say use "cool" colors like blues, greens, and purples with hints of other colors that are really predominant in the new movie. So, either look at the trailer or go see the movie since its about to come out. Hope this helps!

kakedreamer1212 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:17am
post #6 of 8

Thank you for all the advice and am still open to any suggestions and if I can get a little break, hope to see the movie but yes, I am trying to keep with that gothic look because it is for a teenager and she is really into that type of thing.

noahsmummy Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:42am
post #7 of 8

i wpould say google alice in wonderland, there should be a few sites up about it, use them for inspiration, also check out google images and have a look at the pics there. =) im going to see it next friday.. so if you had of been asking this next week i could have helped alot more! lol.

but yes, the movie is very gothis (what tim burton film isnt?lol) so definantly dont go for the "kiddy" theme.

Jeep_girl816 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:53am
post #8 of 8

Totally agree with the "goth-ier" colors. Keep it dark and eerie, it IS Tim Burton after all, not Disney, ok well it is Disney technically I guess, but in a round about sort of way. It's just their name on it basically, you don't want it bright and florescently magical like the 1950's cartoon version. Just Google image search Alice in Wonderland and a whole treasure trove of inspiration should pop up. Post pics please when your done !!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%