How Do You Ice A Number Cake?

Decorating By YummyChoo Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 9:36am by bashini

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 6

Ho do you ice a number cake? I need to ice a 90 cake for a birthday in fondant! Any help please!?

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 6

I use the icer tip so you don't get so many cake crumbs cause most likely you will have to carve it...Then I smooth it out the best I can...borders and flowers hide alot...icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 6

Hi, if you make the 90 like this way (the 80 in the photo), it will be easier to cover the cakes in fondant.

http://www.venuscakes.com/blog/wp-content/themes/venuscakes/gallery/80cake-01.jpg

Don't cut the circles out from the middle.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 6

Oh...Duh.... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif I should have read closer..You want to cover in fondant...

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:56am
post #5 of 6

im using number cake pans to bake these, so they might alreaady have holes in them?? or is it easier to bake then carve??

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 9:36am
post #6 of 6

If it already has the holes, cover the cake first with sugarpaste and then cut around the hole and take the sugarpaste out. Then you should be able to see the cake inside. Take another colour and roll out a strip and cover te inside the hole. You might have to measure the height. Then to cover the seam, do a boarder. Hope it make sence. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%