Henna Wedding Cake

Decorating By YummyChoo Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm by ninatat

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 6

Hi
I am to make a henna inspired cake and wanted to pipe the decorations in silver/metallic colour. How could I do this? And does anyone have an henna templates or is best just to get a book and trace from there??
see the attached pic for what i want to do!
Thanks!!!
LL

5 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 6

the top one, to the right, looks something like it, just omit the heart HTH

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1399189

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 6

You would pipe the scrollwork in grey, let it dry and then go back over it by hand with silver lustre dust and a tiny paintbrush. You should assess your total hourly labour costs for piping it twice (i.e. 2 hours @ $40/hour labour x two = $80 for the scrollwork alone), because you'll have to add the silver afterwards.

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 6

I agree...go with a light grey royal icing, pipe the scrolls, and let them dry. Then take silver luster dust and mix with a little bit of vodka or clear vanilla extract to make a paint. Carefully paint the scrolls and voila!

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 7:54am
post #5 of 6

thanks for the advice!! its very helpful!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 6

i do henna, there is a wilton kit that has about 10 plastic pieces in the box and some are like henna designs, also you can take a heart cutter and add those to the side's , if you go to type in the henna page, on the left i can't remember what it say's but it will show books, click on i think the first one and it has a lot of free patterns and it will show you how to add to each design, then you can use piping gel to transfer, there are some beautiful patterns like the one above. you can look type in the henna tribe, they are the 2 best sites for henna patterns,, hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%