Google Ad Words?

Business By tootie0809 Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm by leah_s

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone use this? I'm trying to drive more traffic to my site and I keep hearing about this service. I use Google Analytics and love the tracking features of it, but I don't know about Ad Words and if it's worth the cost, etc. Does anyone use it and like it, used it and hated it, any opinions? Thanks!

7 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 8

Check out this post - I gave the results of my test using AdWords. I think I said I would not continue but our success rate has gone up a lot so we will.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-666362-.html

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 8

is it like google alerts?

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks snowshoe!

ChefDePatisserie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefDePatisserie Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 8

If you sell something on your website AND if you know what your conversion rate is (the percentage of visitors who buy something on your website), then you can calculate, if Google AdWords is worth the price or if you are just burning money.

You can set a budget per day and a maximum bid per keyword, so you can give it a try without being broke after few days. icon_smile.gif

There are many other ways of driving traffic to your website that do not cost anything.

My tip: google for "free traffic filetype:pdf" and you will find tons of alternatives...

Keiko

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 8

I'm telling you that the absolute best thing you can do is name your business something non-obscure, non-cute and very obvious. There's a real reason my business is Louisville Wedding Cake.com Any bride searching for a wedding cake in Louisville sees my website. No optimization needed, no ad words, no nothing. Think like a web bot.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 8

so following on from what leah_s said, can you then buy extra domain names that all link to your main website. im not sure how that works, Would that just be a matter of buying a couple of $1.99 /year domain names but linking them to take the visitor to my real website?????

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 8

Now you're thinking. Yes, you can buy as many domain names as you want (check godaddy for great prices) and put them on a redirect to your primary website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%