Diamonte Monogram

Decorating By calamity_clair Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 4:23am by calamity_clair

calamity_clair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calamity_clair Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 5

Would love some tips n how to create a diamante monogram please.

Thanks
Clair

4 replies
Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 5

I make offer handmade cake toppers as an option to clients. I usually make them out of gumpaste. Just print out the size and font of the letter(s) to use as a template. I cut the template out, place it on top of the gumpaste, and roll the template slightly into the gumpaste. When you pull off the template the letter(s) should be transfered. I take an exacto pen and trace the monogram. I let the monogram dry until it is able to be handled. I take royal icing and glue on each rhinestone in all parts of the monogram, letting it dry between sides. Occasionally I may opt to make one from wood in which I die cut the monogram by machine. When you are done you have a custom pretty monogram.

Hope that helps.

calamity_clair Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the pointers.

Have you ever tried using a plastic base and gluing? Just wondering whether this might be easier to take off the cake. Also do you have any fonts that you find work well?

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 5

I have never used a plastic base. Will look into that. The monograms are pretty easy to take off the cake. Sorry forgot to mention that I do put skewers in parts of the monogram to secure it to the top of the cake. Some fonts I use are Garamond, Monotype Corsiva, Edwardian Script (Fragile), and French Script. Pretty much anything with a serif or cursive font that holds up.

calamity_clair Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:23am
post #5 of 5

Thank you again, will have a go at it today icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%