First Attempt At Decorating

Baking By Redsoxbaker Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 10:03pm by Redsoxbaker

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 9:43am
post #1 of 11

Ok so I've been making cookies for years and this site has given me the desire to start my hand at decorating (Yay!) Wow this is a lot harder than I thought. Everyone's pictures make it seem so easy. I was a bit discouraged after my first attempt but I will not let it stop me. I know this is all trial and error but I'm not sure how to go about it next time. You are all soooo amazing and I will use you as my mentors! icon_rolleyes.gif

10 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 10:46am
post #2 of 11

lol its what ive been doing. =) ive only really decorated 4 cakes seriously so far.. and they are waayyyyy below the standard on this site. but the people here are so helpful and inspirational i just keep on trying anyway. =)

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 11:59am
post #3 of 11

You can do it! thumbs_up.gif Remember, they aren't "mistakes"....they are "snacks" for later.

There's a good step-by-step how to for decorating cookies in my signature below and we're all happy to share anything around here! icon_smile.gif

malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 11

Cookies are fun! and there are so many out there for inspiration - you just have to Google Image ??? cookie and 1,000's come up!!

This internet age certainly give us all so much choice for inspiration - years ago you had to rely on purchasing books or attending classes - its great that so many people love to share their pics icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

Remember, they aren't "mistakes"....they are "snacks" for later.icon_smile.gif

LOL! Thanks for starting my Monday out with a smile!

Jazlady999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazlady999 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 11

I just completed my first bouquet too and it wasn't anything like I wanted but my boss loved it. I guess it will easier with practice.

Redsoxbaker Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:40pm
post #7 of 11

You guys are so AWESOME! I LOVE this site. I am taking a 4 week Wilton cake decorating class starting this Thursday with my daughter. I figured I could get some decent ideas that could be used to decorate cookies too icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:44pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxbaker

You guys are so AWESOME! I LOVE this site. I am taking a 4 week Wilton cake decorating class starting this Thursday with my daughter. I figured I could get some decent ideas that could be used to decorate cookies too icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you have a great time! I've transferred a lot of cake designs into cookies (round cakes....round cookies...)

Redsoxbaker Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:39am
post #9 of 11

I'm just curious, do most of you outline before you ice or after you ice. I think it took me so long because I outlined first and I used a glaze and used a spatula. (It was difficult trying to do it this way.) I've only used a glaze since I just started decorating. Was a bit nervous to try using RI as icing because everyone said they like the taste of the glaze. It's not hard when you bite into it. I think I'm afraid people won't like them. icon_confused.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:46am
post #10 of 11

I like to outline after icing. Like the look better.

Redsoxbaker Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 10:03pm
post #11 of 11

I have so much to learn. I hope some day I will be able to help someone like everyone else on here! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%