San Diego Cake Competition

Decorating By Rylan Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 4:35pm by sweetflowers

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 9:35am
post #1 of 8

Is anyone competing on March 6-7? If so, how are your cakes so far?

I'm so nervous about my entries. I see so many flaws I need to hide and I'm running out of ideas. I'm even more nervous with the 5 hour drive, in a small car plus a dog--gosh I'm so overacting.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

7 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 8

Rylan - do not fret - the flaws you see are more than likely not going to be seen by anyone else! Your work is awesome, just do waht you always do and you will do great!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 8

Rylan-

I love your website and cakes. I will not be able to attend the San Diego show next week. When you return from the show please take a picture of your cake and post in your blog.

Your cakes are modern, elegant, and gorgeous!

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 8

Your cakes are always perfection! Is this show going to be televised? If so, is there any info on that. I can't wait to see pictures of your cake. You'll blow them away!! thumbs_up.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 8

Rylan-

Your cakes are one of a kind. Do you teach classes or have a cake studio in Las Vegas?

Your cakes remind me of April Reed

Kate Sullivan and the cake designer from Long Beach CA. www.mysweetandsaucy.com. I can't think of the designer's name right now.

Please keep us posted on your website the cakes you are enter at the san diego show.

Also, again many thanks for your tutorial. You are so helpful!!!

Rylan Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you all for the uplifting words. That is so kind of all of you. I'm still not done with my cakes--hopefully I can finish by Wednesday.

I'm not sure if this will be televised but I believe the event is announced on the local news (not sure).

Rylan Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAlovescakes

Rylan-

Your cakes are one of a kind. Do you teach classes or have a cake studio in Las Vegas?

Your cakes remind me of April Reed

Kate Sullivan and the cake designer from Long Beach CA. www.mysweetandsaucy.com. I can't think of the designer's name right now.

Please keep us posted on your website the cakes you are enter at the san diego show.

Also, again many thanks for your tutorial. You are so helpful!!!

Thank you. That is so nice of you to say. I do not teach classes nor have a studio. I haven't been doing this long enough to actually have the guts to do any of those, hehe.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:35pm
post #8 of 8

Rylan, hope the dog doesn't eat the cake! hee hee.....

I guess worrying is part of the competition, but don't fret, try to enjoy it, it's almost here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%