Finally!! My Own Bow Loop Dryer =)

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 11:43pm by JaimeAnn

Mikel79 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 14

Hi All!

Finally after 8 months of bugging the crap out of my partner, he finally made me a bow loop dryer!!!! It is made out of 3/4" PVC pipe. I was surprised how easy it went together.

It is in my photos....if you want to take a look...

Thought I would share this with others. It is also great for flower making as well....drying roses upside down.

Thanks goes to the amazing Sharon Zambito for referencing this type of dryer in her blog!!!

Take care =)

13 replies
JulieMN Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 14

Thanks for sharing the photo--hope it makes making bows even more enjoyable!

MadMillie Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 14

I took the same picture to Lowes earlier this year. The associate in the plumbing department looked at it and pulled everything I needed. I do suggest not using the plumbing glue. It dries quickly and cant't be undone.

mamawrobin Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 14

I'm going to get pvc pipe and fittings tomorrow. I'll be making it myself as I don't have a partner! Thanks for posting the picture.

superstar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 12:36am
post #5 of 14

My DH made me one some time ago, it is made out of wood & has different thicknesses of doweling, I love it & use it for all sorts of things! great for drying flowers upside down etc

JaimeAnn Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 5:40am
post #6 of 14

I made the original Bow loop Dryer that Sharon Z. references on her blog. There is no need to use any glue at all then you can take it apart whe not in use. I knew I should have filed for a patent on that thing . hahahahah J/K

superstar Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:20am
post #7 of 14

Mine doesn't have any glue, the dowels just slide into the respective slots.

JudyDP Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:59am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

I made the original Bow loop Dryer that Sharon Z. references on her blog. There is no need to use any glue at all then you can take it apart whe not in use. I knew I should have filed for a patent on that thing . hahahahah J/K

Thank you, JaimeAnn, for sharing your idea! You certainly should have filed for a patent! icon_smile.gif Would you be so kind as to tell me the diameter of the base? If I can get that, I think I can figure out the other stuff. icon_redface.gif Sorry, hope I haven't hijacked the thread. Congrats on finally getting yours, Mikel79. thumbs_up.gif

ninatat Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:04am
post #9 of 14

cool idea, your cakes are beautiful, you butter cream is so is so perfect

JaimeAnn Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:49am
post #10 of 14

JudyDP I am going to try and post my diagram here if it doesnt work I am also going to put it in my photos in cadse anyone else would like to use it.
LL

MadMillie Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:40am
post #11 of 14

I did my base 8 inches all the way around rather than 2 inches, it gives it more stability when the arms are distributed around.

JudyDP Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

JudyDP I am going to try and post my diagram here if it doesnt work I am also going to put it in my photos in cadse anyone else would like to use it.

Thank you so much for this diagram. I am going to try to make one, and need all the help I can get! icon_lol.gif I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmillie

I did my base 8 inches all the way around rather than 2 inches, it gives it more stability when the arms are distributed around.

Thanks for the suggestion! thumbs_up.gif

Sassy74 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:44pm
post #13 of 14

My husband made me one last year out of PVC. No glue...I wanted to be able to assemble/disassemble it. I love love love it! Not only is it great for bow loops, but I also use it to make the little fondant spirals Sharon uses in her Topsy dvd. Thanks so much, JaimeAnn!

JaimeAnn Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:43pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmillie

The 2" peices are only for the spaces between the T joints.

The base when assembled with the 6" peices is actually about 13" X 7"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%