What Do You Call This Piping Technique

Decorating By anricat Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 9:02pm by anricat

anricat Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 6

I wish I had a photo, but I don't since I don't know what to call it to search for a picture. It's when you pipe realllllly thin teeny little strings all in a row to look almost like a lace edge or little wires. Do you know what I mean? I want to learn how to do that, but I don't even know what it's called.

5 replies
caraleecupcake Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 6

i think "drop strings" ??

diane706 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 6

"Bridge Work" maybe? I'll post a pic of an example.... Be right back...

anricat Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 6

Yah, I think, but not like you normally thing of swags, but instead they are vertical lines.

diane706 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6


Also known as Extension Work or Stringwork or Curtaining.

anricat Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 6

That's it! Thanks! It looks excruciatingly tedious, but it's insanely beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%