Glaze For Fondant Figures

Decorating By LEHLA Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 2:32pm by LEHLA

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 7

I read an article the other day on fondant figurines and they said " to glaze them with confectioners glaze does anyone know what this is or how to give fondant a shiny look? Thanks LEHLA

6 replies
Peanut1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut1027 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 7

I've tried PAM (original) and works great. Just spray a little onto the fondant and rub it in. It makes it nice and shinning but does not break down the fondant.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 7

do a google search on confectioners glaze and you will be able to read some info on it. I tried to send you a link, but it was blocked.

Oh, I see you're from Cape May, NJ. I just love Cape May. I had one of the most relaxing vacations ever there!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 7

you can just lightly steam them when done, it gives them a light shine (I use a cheap travel steamer, works great)

LEHLA Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 7

i tried the google it looks like it a glaze for donuts or cake i just want to give my fondant a shine. i will try the pam and the steam iron thanks peanut and pattycakes.
price it is a beautiful town to visit from spring to christmas after that we turn into a ghost town down here Cape may is a very seasonal town but beautiful!!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 7

check this link and Jennifer is a cc member and is very helpful with any questions you may have. The glaze works great and one bottle last a long time.

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/estore.php?category=glazes

LEHLA Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks tatorchip!! Great site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%