Is The Cricut Cake Out Already And Where Do I Get One?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 11:33pm by JenniferAtwood

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 11:33pm
post #31 of 31

CakeCuttie,
If you had read my blog, I do not give my opinion. On my blog I only show pictures with times, thicknesses, and different materials. How is this my opinion? We have the Expression and will be keeping it as a back up machine and to use on special projects. There is nothing per say wrong with the expression.

Provo craft did not give us the machine. It is on loan to us with an option to buy when we are done with what they asked of us. Which by the way, is to see how it works in a high volume production environment. According to them they know what the machine can do in a low volume home or low volume retail environment.

We had been planning to start a blog a while back, when we were getting several calls a day about another product we used. At that point we registered our site, but didn't have time to start the blog. When we were asked to test the cricut, we decided that instead of have dozen of calls a day from retail bakers we would blog about what we found. We also thought it important to take photos as some people are very visual learners. We are members here on CC and don't see any reason to keep the information from members here, yet share it with the members of the bakery organizations we are members of.

For your information, we will be buying the cake when we are done, as we find it works on types of materials and at thicknesses that the Expression is not able to cut. Being a retail facility we are heavily regulated by the Health Department, therefore see the food safe issue as a big bonus. If you think that this topic does not matter, think again. A very large company just had to shut down production because their edible ink cartridges were tested and the FDA found minute amount of regular ink (they recycle old cartridges).

Again, I am not sure what product you feel that I am indorsing, but if at any point I test a product that I want to indorse if you will, I will make it very clear that it is my opinion and not fact.

I am sorry if I sound a little agitated, but I don't respond well to having my integrity questioned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%