College Logo Cookies

Baking By Angelgirl Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 1:12pm by antonia74

Angelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:39am
post #1 of 3

My best friend's sister is getting married in the summer. She and her future husband met at college, and she has her heart set on giving cookies as favors with the college logo on it. She's asked me to make the cookies, but I'm kind of at a loss. The logo (from Central Michigan University, as seen here: http://www.rso.cmich.edu/pek/CenMi_6843.gif), is not the easiest logo in the world.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make these cookies? (I was thinking about maybe just making circle cookies and use an edible image of the logo, but I don't have an edible ink printer, so I will have to find someone to print them for me).

Thanks!
Becky
[/url]

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:02am
post #2 of 3

I'd go with a square cookie for that....but you can probably find a local bakery that will print the logos off for you if they have an edible-ink printer. Cake supply stores might offer that service too.

You could also ice the cookies in white backgrounds, make a template in velum (you cut out shape of the logo yourself) and stencil on the logo using a paint of lustre-dust + extract or vodka. and a stencil brush. I did that sometimes when the company logos/lettering were too precise, here's two examples of mine using that technique:
LL
LL

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 3

The " ), " punctuation after your link isn't allowing it to work, so you have to erase that before it pops up. (A few people have PM'ed me asking how I saw it because the link didn't work. icon_lol.gif )

Here it is:
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%