Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By jhuntl01 Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 2:12am by grams

jhuntl01 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 1:43am
post #1 of 4

Ok I guess I'm just not feeling this one. I need a half sheet baby shower cake. I's a boy so no pink and the shower table pieces will be baby bottles full of daisies and receiving blankets full of diapers (can't picture that one). Any ideas for decorating? I figured daisies somewhere, but I'm really unsure what else to do...it's been a long week icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
grams Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:02am
post #2 of 4

Decorate the sheet cake like a baby quilt or fringed blanket. You can add daisies, baby bottles, teddy bears, yellow ducky, rattle cutouts to the quilt squares. do in pale blue, yellow and tan.

MelitzaR Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:03am
post #3 of 4

Hi jhuntl01,

I too had trouble with a baby shower cake for a baby boy-especially since there was no theme! But I do want to ask is the cake going to be in buttercream or fondant? I am not sure how advanced you are but maybe you can make a small baby to sit on top of the cake with a blue blanket and small daisies surrounding him? Or make a bassinet topper and scattered daisies?..

grams Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:12am
post #4 of 4

I went to galleries search and typed in baby blanket and they came up with a 1000 or more pages to look at. Should be one there you like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%