Scared Of Deliveries

Decorating By whisperingmadcow Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 12:21am by Kitagrl

whisperingmadcow Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 4

I love to make cakes. I love it. I love to bake. But what I am starting to hate and FEAR is delivering the cakes I make. I am branching out a little bit from just making cakes for the family and I am selling cakes to friends and friends of friends.

But when it comes time to deliver the cake, my heart is pounding all the way there, and I end up making nervous conversation and probably looking rather unprofessional. Afterwards, I feel a little sick and kind of sheepish. icon_redface.gif

If I ever get to own my own cakery, the first person I am hiring is a delivery driver!

3 replies
joknee Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 12:02am
post #2 of 4

I cannot believe that you posted this!!! Just this afternoon I had the thought that I have no trouble doing the cake, but getting it to where it needs to go??? Heart attack city!
If I could just wiggle my nose and have it appear at the event, I could die happy.

tarheelgirl Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 12:12am
post #3 of 4

It seriously gets better!! Just feel confident in your stacking methods and your product! I have delivered 3 tier cakes fully stacked.

Kitagrl Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 12:21am
post #4 of 4

Yeah I hate talking to people I don't know!!!! Its getting a tiny bit better but I've been doing it for several years now and its a slow process to get braver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%