Help W Ka And Sugar Shack Bc

Baking By juniecakes Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 6:47pm by juniecakes

juniecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juniecakes Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 6

I have recently bought a KA 600. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on making the SS BC in the 6 quart bowl. I tried once no luck. I emailed Sharon and she gave me the recipe for the 6 quart but I'm still not having any luck as its not completely sealing the bowl like the dvd so it has quite a few air bubbles.

5 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 6

Does your recipe call for 2 lb. 13 ounces of hi-ratio shortning and 6 lb. of powdered sugar? (that is what I use for my KAPro 600 - works perfectly) I use 1 and 1/4 cup creamer and 4 tablespoons flavoring.

juniecakes Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:20am
post #3 of 6

This is what she wrote me and I used: 3 lbs. sweetx 6.5 lbs ps 9 tbsp flavoring and 11 tbsp coffee mate. It came out nice but had lots of air bubbles still.

juniecakes Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:22am
post #4 of 6

I think yours has more fluid. I'm gonna try your recipe tomorrow. I hope it works for me icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:26am
post #5 of 6

I use sweetex - and this recipe works perfect for me. No air bubbles even days later. I also prefer to use the liquid coffee creamer....unflavored. I like to control the flavoring I am using and the flavored ones made it tooo much for my taste. Let me know how it works for you.

juniecakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 6

I tried the new recipe it this morning and it seems wonderful but it's not crusting as well as Sharons but there's a lot less air bubbles

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%