Anyone Use Fondarific?

Decorating By sandy1 Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm by saberger

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 10

Has any of you tried Fondarific? If so, how does it compare to Satin Ice Fondant? How does it taste? Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sandy

9 replies
lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 10

Sandy, I love Fondarific, I have used Satin Ice also many times, but I think since the Orlando Convention, when they first came out, I am hooked on Fondarific. Love working with it and my clients actually love the taste of it. You know how some people think they hate fondant icon_rolleyes.gif So far fondarific has gotten great reveiws from my clients and their customer service is great. In fact just ordered 6 buckets two days ago. Hope this helps

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 10

I haven't used it, but have tasted some samples - it tastes good, pretty much like candy. I personally wouldn't want specific flavors for certain colors though.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 10

I have never used Satin Ice so I can't speak to a comparison but I do love fondarific. That is the only thing I use! I buy the buttercream flavor as I think it tastes the best. I buy white, red, and black in the buttercream flavor and use the white to mix any other colors that I need. I also buy the chocolate to avoid making brown. It tastes pretty much like a tootsie roll. I just love it because its sooooo easy to work with. I made my own mmf for a while and just found that it was inconsistent. I don't get tears or any weirdness with fondarific.

sandy1 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks to all. I didn't want to order any until I heard back from my CC friends!!!
Sandy

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 10

The BC flavored fondant is really good! Easy to work with too thumbs_up.gif

sandy1 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 10

Is Fondarific a marshmallow fondant?
Sandy

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy1

Is Fondarific a marshmallow fondant?
Sandy

Hmmm...not sure Sandy...sorry.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 10

I LOVE Fondarific. It's the only fondant I use now. I really don't care for SI. Personally, I found it hard to work with (tearing, dry etc) I know some people love it though. You'll love working with the ladies at Fondarific also. So sweet! thumbs_up.gif

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 10

I LOVE Fondarific too! I don't believe it is a marshmallow fondant, but not sure. I have a couple of the flavored ones, which taste much better when mixed with the BC fondant, but haven't used it yet. I am very pleased with Fondarific. HATE the smell of Satin Ice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%