Edible Image On Fondant

Decorating By rfeagin Updated 5 Feb 2015 , 3:16am by icingimages

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 5:45pm
post #31 of 42

I have had good luck with edible paper from tasty foto art.

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 5:54pm
post #32 of 42

PhotoFrost sheets are really good. He makes them in house. So its lots of hands on to make them really nice to work with and take off the backing and print on and melt into your sugar medium well... Hope this helps, Happy Cake Decorating thumbs_up.gif

Kazorra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazorra Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:13am
post #33 of 42

[quote="lisamenz"]

I recommend that you go with Canon printers. They have the whole printer kit, icing sheets, cartidges, etc with this system available.

I have a Canon Printer I purchased for this reason. I used it for a birthday cake, and it printed awesome. I have a tattoo style wedding cake for Saturday, and I spent 2 days making my image on Photoshop, making changes to the brides liking. I go to print, and It wont print properly. I print the image on my Epson, and it prints perfectly. I've had 3 IT Techs look at it, and they all cant find the solution. I will be calling tomorrow, and getting my refund for this piece of crap. I will purchase a airbrush kit. It's cheaper, and at least I know it will work when I turn it on. I am so disappointed (not to mention stressed) icon_sad.gif

buffyy1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffyy1111 Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 11:12pm
post #34 of 42

AHow can you make your own frosted icing sheets? I won't be able to get them where I am going

buffyy1111 Posted 26 Jan 2015 , 11:17pm
post #35 of 42

AHi I am looking for the recipe to make the actual frosting/I ing sheet at home so I don't have to buy icing sheets. Please help as I'm going abroad and so.t be able to buy them there. Thanks

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 6:59am
post #36 of 42

Hi,

If I am understanding you correctly, you are looking for the recipe to make your own icing sheets?  Unfortunately you can't.  You will have to take some with you.  Depending on where it is you are going, we can ship to you if we do not have a distributor in the location you are going.

buffyy1111 Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 8:56am
post #37 of 42

A

Original message sent by icingimages

Hi, If I am understanding you correctly, you are looking for the recipe to make your own icing sheets?  Unfortunately you can't.  You will have to take some with you.  Depending on where it is you are going, we can ship to you if we do not have a distributor in the location you are going.

Original message sent by icingimages

Hi, If I am understanding you correctly, you are looking for the recipe to make your own icing sheets?  Unfortunately you can't.  You will have to take some with you.  Depending on where it is you are going, we can ship to you if we do not have a distributor in the location you are going.

Hi thanks for your reply. I am trying to make the actual frosted icing sheets that can be printed on to make a photo cake. I am going to Pakistan. Could you supply there?

icingimages Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 4:00am
post #38 of 42

You cannot make your own without very very very expensive equipment!!!  We do ship everywhere, we may even have a distributor there.  Email our office at [email protected] and our office staff can help you.  Please have a safe trip!

rowantree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowantree Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 1:11am
post #39 of 42

I know this is an old post, but the thing that may be messing it up might be the print head being dry.  I have a Canon printer that I use, and each time I finish, I remove the ink cartridges and put their caps on, and store them in a zip-loc bag.  I also remove the print head and run hot water over it until the water runs clear.  Then I let it air dry completely before putting it back in the printer.  Never had a problem.

icingimages Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 3:21am
post #40 of 42

That is a lot of work for an area that does not have extreme weather. Different inks do respond in different ways, however as long as you are using it regularly you should not have to go through all that trouble.

rowantree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowantree Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 7:52pm
post #41 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingimages 

That is a lot of work for an area that does not have extreme weather. Different inks do respond in different ways, however as long as you are using it regularly you should not have to go through all that trouble.

I don't use it very often.I moved last March and it's been in storage since then.  Before that I only used it about three times. I've been busy teaching cake decorating rather than making cakes.  I hope to make up some classes using it and making flowers out of printed papers and such.

icingimages Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 3:16am
post #42 of 42

That makes sense!!!  What classes do you teach? I would love to see your work! If you are making flowers out of printed images have you seen iDesigns???? It is great for those who like using patterns!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%