Any Thoughts On How To Make These?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 4:55pm by 2txmedics

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 6

The plane I can do, but the people? Any thoughts on how I can make these? Ive looked for a mold without any luck. I was thinking that they need to be made from gumpaste.

What do you all think?
LL

5 replies
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 6

That cake was made by Mike's Amazing Cakes. It looks to me like they were made of modeling chocolate. But Mike is very good at responding e-mails. Maybe you could ask him.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 6

I just did a search for gumpaste people mold and got several sites that carry them...various sizes too....

I agree with pp...MM has stated his preference to using modeling chocolate...but they can definitely be made with gumpaste as well without a problem, if using a mold.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 6

I knew it was a Mike's cake. I shoot him an email. Will you post the sites where you found the molds?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 6

The reason I said I did a search was 'cause some of the sites won't post 'cause of the 'ban'

su gar c r a f t dot c o m is one

actually, they had the widest variety

this is the list of results from me typing in gumpaste people mold

browse through the results

http://www.google.com/search?q=gumpaste+people+mold&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7ADFA_en

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 6

I want to know how in the heck, you get the top tier to slant like that and not fall!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%