... And I'm The Proud Owner Of .....

Baking By blueman Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 12:06am by kizrash

blueman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueman Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 18

a new Kitchenaid Mixer. The Pro 600 series. I have a Kitchenaid already, but it is just the low end model. I have sometimes needed a bigger mixing bowl, or just more power. My original KA is about 25 years old and has served me well.
I could not pass up the deal. Kohl's had a 10% off special yesterday, and I received a 20% coupon in my email on top of that, PLUS KA is offering a $40 rebate along with a recipe book and a 2 year subscription to a Food magazine or travel magazine!
I love a good deal and I can't wait to play with my new KitchenAid.
Aaaah, the little things in life that make us happy!

17 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 18

congratulations!

have fun making cookies!

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 18

Blueman, what are the differences between your new KA and your old one? I have the low end model and love it. I've had it about 5 years but wish I could fit more in it. icon_cool.gif

Cynsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynsational Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 18

Believe me, I know how exciting getting a new baking toy can be! I got the 600 a couple Christmases ago and absolutely LOVE it. I can't imagine life without it! Congrats on the new mixer and getting a great deal!

princelyess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princelyess Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 18

I bought "the family" a KA 600 for Christmas a year ago. I am so thrilled with it, I love it. It broke a few weeks before I started my christmas baking, and I was heartbroken, though I have since fixed it, and it seems to be as good as new. It is, by far, my most favorite toy!!! ENJOY! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

starbasset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starbasset Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 18

thumbs_up.gif Good for you! Happy baking.

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 10:45pm
post #7 of 18

oooh in my dreams. I can't wait til I take the plunge and buy one too icon_smile.gif

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 10:55pm
post #8 of 18

I just upgraded to a new Pro 600 too last month, and got it from Kohl's also! Can't beat their price when they're on sale and you have a coupon. Happy mixing! icon_biggrin.gif

blueman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueman Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:20pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxbaker

Blueman, what are the differences between your new KA and your old one? I have the low end model and love it. I've had it about 5 years but wish I could fit more in it. icon_cool.gif

Redsoxbaker - One big difference is the size of the mixing bowl. My old was 4.5 qrt, but the Pro 600 is a 6 qrt bowl. There were plenty of times I just wished for some more room.
As far as power goes, the old is a 275 watt machine and the new Pro 600 is 575 watts. So, I'm expecting it will just beat the calories out of the cookies!
I'm going to play with it today and make some banana bread with some old bananas.

Chris6703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris6703 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:39pm
post #10 of 18

I have the KA 600 also - got from QVC when they were running a special with payments - I told my husband this is the first thing we grab and run out of the house from in case of fire !!!!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:47pm
post #11 of 18

LOL, i'd do the same thing.........along with my projector and edible printer too! icon_redface.gif

tootsie927 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsie927 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 7:18pm
post #12 of 18

Yeah! Lucky you. I still have the low end mixer and am anticipating getting a new one. I almost ordered one on QVC this morning, but didn't. ENJOY! icon_smile.gif

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:16am
post #13 of 18

I have the KA 600 also and love it. The only thing I would change is having the head tilt back instead of just lowering.

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:18pm
post #14 of 18

Wow it sounds awesome. I just love cooking toys thumbs_up.gif

lucettaslegacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucettaslegacy Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm
post #15 of 18

Just purchased my 2nd one last week from Kohl's. Had my 1st one for 5 yrs. I guess that I had put too many miles on it! LOL!! Broke down during the crazy, busy Christmas season. Sooo happy to have 1 again!!!

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:15pm
post #16 of 18

I upgraded my old Artisan (was my mom's - 25 yrs old or so) to the 600 Pro last Christmas. (DH surprised me! icon_smile.gif and I LOVE it! It doesn't moan and whine when I make buttercream or cream cheese icing, or a big batch of cookie dough, and it whips cream like nobody's business! I still use the little one on occasion, for things like cake batter, or smaller batches of things, but the power and capacity of the big one cannot be beaten! (no pun intended! icon_wink.gif
You are going to LOVE it!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 11:49pm
post #17 of 18

Just got one myself. How many recipes of NFSC can fit into this mixer?

kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:06am
post #18 of 18

I ordered my first K.A last week and can't wait for it to be delivered. I'm nearly watching every vehicle that pulls up outside. Haha!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%