I Am The Proud New Owner.....

Baking By Cynsational Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 12:47pm by TracyLH

Cynsational Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:25am
post #1 of 2

of a KopyKake projector!!! icon_biggrin.gif I ordered last Friday thanks to a coupon posted by Toleshed and I just received it today. I had the hardest time figuring out why the image kept projecting off the base board and it turns out it was because I had the pole that attaches to the base facing the wrong direction. icon_eek.gif At first, I put it on how it was shown in the picture.....or so I thought! After 20 mins. of frustration, my hubby finally comes over and said that I had it on backwards and that the picture actually showed the bar at an angle. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I can't wait to try this baby out tomorrow! Question for those of you who own one.....do I need to get the reduction lens since I will be using images that have to fit onto a cookie? I used a quick piece of clip art I already had printed out, but when I adjusted the lens to a get the image smaller, it became blurry. I only fiddled with it briefly, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. But if I really do need the lens I want to order ASAP so I can actually start using it!

1 reply
TracyLH Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 2

Congrats on your new toy! When I called Kopycake to inquire about the projector in order to do cookies, they told me that I did not need a reduction lens in order to do cookies. I got the projector and have had only a tiny bit of time to play with it. I am hoping to use it to help me center my monogram cookies, so I experimented. I put my image in the projector (the same size as would be on the cookie), put two books under the cookie and was able to do just fine. Sometimes if it seems as though my image should be a touch bit bigger or smaller, I just reduce or enlarge my design a bit. I don't know if it makes a difference between the two machines, but I have the 1000.

Again, congrats on your new toy! I don't know if you have seen this site, but Sweetopia is a master with the Kopycake, among many, many other things. You might enjoy seeing her site:

Have fun!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%