How Do I Copy A Detailed Logo?

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 1:00pm by AngelaM

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:53am
post #1 of 9

hello everyone,

so i made a make up bag cake out of fondant... with lip gloss, mascara etc on the board. buuuut the customer wants the aritzia (tna) symbol on the bag. for those of you who don't know what it is, it's the swirly symbol at this link:

http://pinkmafia.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/tna_logo.jpg

obviously i would be making it a bit bigger, say maybe about the size of my small palm.

i tried cutting it out of fondant... nope because of the spaces in between! and i tried free handing it with icing but the lines don't come out straight enough.

i was thinking maybe piping it onto parchement paper then pressing it onto the make up bag... but i don't think it's going to come out clean bc she wants it done in black so i can't risk mess ups! i have done this before but it was for a bigger outline only type logo???

HELP!!!

Sara.... any ideas would be appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:56am
post #2 of 9

Is it too late to get an edible image printed up? I usually order mine on ebay, but one of my fellow cakers just goes into the local supermarket (one that sells photo cakes) with her desired image and they print it up for her for a small fee.

The other option would be to use a black food coloring marker. I used the fine tip one to freehand the cards on my poker cake. I was worried it wouldn't work but with some patience I actually got them to look pretty realistic.

HTH

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 9:05am
post #3 of 9

Do you have a Makin's Ultimate clay extruder? If it were me, I would extrude gumpasteusing the finest hole and then just make the looped shape, allow to harden, etc. This is what I did for the detailed Celtic cross design on my Guns N Roses cake - I couldn't possibly think of a better way to get all of those skinny lines in order. The only other thought was to continue with your piping/parchment idea, pipe it in royal and let it harden. At least you could try+try again til you got it right!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Do you have a Makin's Ultimate clay extruder? If it were me, I would extrude gumpasteusing the finest hole and then just make the looped shape, allow to harden, etc. This is what I did for the detailed Celtic cross design on my Guns N Roses cake - I couldn't possibly think of a better way to get all of those skinny lines in order. The only other thought was to continue with your piping/parchment idea, pipe it in royal and let it harden. At least you could try+try again til you got it right!

Sorry to hijack but just had to say ceshell all your cakes are awesome but that guns and roses one is super fantastic! And you are always so nice and helpful.

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 9

OMG, I totally agree! I have to say that cake is outstanding!

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 9

The extruder is the same thing I was thinking you could use.

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:50am
post #7 of 9

thanks so much!

it was indeed to late to get an image printed. I ended up pressing my symbol from my purse into the cake a bit to get a rough outline and I nervously free handed the rest of the symbol and it came out amazing. I think it is my most favourite cake yet!

I just posted it in my photos... no idea how to post a link but feel free to check it out!

Sara

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:01am
post #8 of 9

It came out great! See, all that worrying for nothing icon_biggrin.gif

(p.s. thanks for the hijack comments, JustToEatCake & anasasi icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif )

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:00pm
post #9 of 9

Beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%