is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

27 replies
Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 3:52am
post #2 of 28

I'm here - again!!

I'm working on a 1st birthday sheetcake and smash; a 50th anniversary cake; already finished 3 dzn cookies; but still have to construct a 'tugboat' grooms cake for tomorrow; and a 2 tier baby shower cake for Sunday - of which I don't have any of the fondant colored or teddy bear made yet!

Can you say lllllllooooonnnngggg weekend!

What are you working on Leah?

Suze

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 28

Slow night in here? Everyone watching Olympic hockey? I'm just clearing away from a 2 tier zebra cake, finished a small birthday cake earlier and have two crumb coated and waiting to do in the a.m...a 2 tier strawberry shortcake style (character not dessert, lol) and a 5th wheel camper cake. Busy these days....and wondering where the cleaning elves are hiding!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:10am
post #4 of 28

three wedding cakes and a grooms cake tonight. I'm waaaay behind. Gonna be an all nighter for me. I also had a pretty big wedding show tonight.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:26am
post #5 of 28

Leah, you are busy! I'm just working on a small birthday cake for a friend, 2 tiered zebra cake and a Dr. Seuss themed cake for Monday. Any ideas on the Seuss cake? Have a few, but nothing carved in stone.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:33am
post #6 of 28

I'm not working on anything, but I wanted to give a shout-out to everyone who is (wow - there are some *really* busy bakers out there!).

Wishing you all a good night (hope the cleaning elves show up to help out).

icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:37am
post #7 of 28

I'm one of the show organizers too. It was our first Friday show, and our first night show and other than kicking all the vendors butt's it was a great show. About 175 brides through the doors.

And one of tomorrow's brides also ordered 250 cookie favors, 9 chocolate kiss rehearsal bouquets and 30 chocolate coffee spoons.

jenny518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny518 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:59am
post #8 of 28

Ok Leah, I must know what a chocolate kiss rehearsal bouquet is.....(sounds neat).

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:09am
post #9 of 28

I'm relaxing and perusing cc after finishing my son's 6th birthday cake a few hours ago. It very nearly kicked my butt, but I'm nowhere near being a pro, so that's not saying much icon_wink.gif Leah_s, I don't know how you do it.

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:09am
post #10 of 28

I'm still up waiting for the last cake to finish baking for my daughter's birthday party. She decided at 8pm that she'd definitely have her party tomorrow night which is why I'm still up at midnight baking. Ugh. It is my first 2 tier cake so hopefully it will work out! I made Rebecca Sutterby's WASC cake and can't believe how much batter there was! I made 2 8" rounds, 2 6" rounds and 12 cupcakes and still had to dump some batter! Next time I will 1/2 it! The cupcakes are yummy tho - a little bonus.. Wish I had made the bow for the top already but I'm too tired to get all the fondant stuff out now.. Planning to get up bright and early - wish I hadn't given up coffee for Lent.. icon_cry.gif

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:16am
post #11 of 28

You know how to make a "rose" from two Hershey's kisses, right? Wrapped in paper to provide some color. I put on a leaf, gather some of them into a bouquet and put a bow on.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:22am
post #12 of 28

Hello all,

Just closed up for the night. 96 mini cupcakes baked,cooled and in the bakery box...made the frosting and covered it..in the walk in along with the boxed cuppies. Will pipe the frosting on tomorrow morning right before the Breast Cancer Fundraiser then deliver them. Donation for the cause but they are letting me put out my book/cards and it's at my friends salon so I get a cut/style for free. Works for me! Other than that, have been working for three days on the pieces for the Oscar cake due next weekend. LOTS of little pieces and rolled letters in 7 different colors. So it's been a busy week. AND my mom just announced she has to have knee replacement surgery and needs me to take over the office full time..that's six days a week, for the month of April! Not really sure how I'm gonna juggle helping to take care of her, the office AND my business. Also, due to the surgery schedule, I just found out that I have to make a going away cake (luggage with tags cake) for our friend who is moving the 2nd week in April on the same weekend I have a baby shower cake and a camera cake...I'm a one person show and normally don't do more than one cake per week so three in one week makes my head spin. See...hyperventilating just thinking about it...breathe, breathe, breathe...

jenny518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny518 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:24am
post #13 of 28

really cute idea (kiss bouquets)- I guess people order them to use as the practice bouquets for bridesmaids at the rehearsal, then it acts as a "favor". I love it!

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:34am
post #14 of 28

You've got the idea!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:43am
post #15 of 28

Well I've got the sheetcake, smash cake and anniversary cake finished; the dishwasher is running. I need to print out some titles for the tugboat cake -- so that's the real reason I came to the computer -- not to check in on FNCC!!LOL!!

this is a slow night for decorators -- usually by now there are 3 pages of 'who's doing what'.

Leah - you and I may be keeping each other company through the night . . .

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:47am
post #16 of 28

Def a slow night. Taking a cereal break.

2 wedding cakes done.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:49am
post #17 of 28

I've been talking to a bride on facebook about her wedding cake. It's gonna be a small one and very simple.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:06am
post #18 of 28

Hi Leah_S: I'm not part of your Friday Night Club but I have a question for you and other professional bakers. I am making my daughters wedding and grooms cake in another week and want to use whipped ganache as filling on the grooms cake. How far in advance can I stack the cakes and have the ganache hold up? Will it turn into a gooey mess if made 3-4 days ahead? And, is there a stabilizer to add to help it hold its shape? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I posted this question earlier but no answers from anyone - icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:25am
post #19 of 28

Ganache won't hold up that long. Frankly I'd use a deep dark chocolate bc.

And anyone who is awake on friday night is a part of the FNCC.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:33am
post #20 of 28

Thanks Leah_S for your reply. I thought it wouldn't hold up but it's still my favorite filling. Yep, i'm up late and starting to stress about how to accomplish all this cake and be mother-of-the bride as well, ug! I'm ordering some wonderful wedding flavoring from an older lady in Louisiana to use in the wedding cake and sure hope it arrives in time. May I ask, do you have a favorite white cake recipe here on cc that you really like? I've used the WASC for the last few cakes but frankly I'm not very impressed with it any longer.

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:03am
post #21 of 28

No, I got all my recipes in culinary school.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:20am
post #22 of 28

Hi there ladies,

Im up trying to get inspiration for my daddys bday cake next week. I am completely clueless on what to make.

For one he suffers from depression and no longer seem interested in anything but read and sleep. I made him a man in bed for fathers day cake lsdt year.

I was planning on doing something funny like the cute over the hill cakes I saw where (they have a handicap permit,dentures,bengay etc.) But I think it would be harsh for him, .

I was thinking of making one of the piece of cake cakes but I dont know.

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:37am
post #23 of 28

well, if he enjoys reading, how about a book cake?

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:39am
post #24 of 28

A road of life cake would be cool! Maybe get him thinking about "good ol' times"

I dont have anything going on tonight. I'm making 36 chinese take out box cupcakes for one of my classes on Monday. I'm planning on baking tomorrow.

StacyR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyR Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 8:07am
post #25 of 28

I finished up a Super Mario and a Princess Tianna from the Princess and the Frog and coordinating cupcakes. Right now I'm working on a huge stand up motorcycle. Clearly I thought I was better than I am. lol It's kicking my behind! I'll be up a while.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 8:29am
post #26 of 28

Leah

He reads these funky mexican comic type books that I had included in his fathers day cake. I would love to but these are thin 4x4 little books.

I might call it a night . Thank you Leah.
Have a good night/morning ladies see yah tomorrow.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 9:46am
post #27 of 28

just spent almost 2hrs moulding my flowers for my monday night class homework. tomorrow im going to fire up the new oven to bake a RV cake from scratch - but i forgot to buy castor sugar today so i think i have just enough for the cake

leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 10:14am
post #28 of 28

Still here. The longer I'm up, the slower I get,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%