Cake Pops Prices????

Decorating By Yane Updated 4 Apr 2014 , 9:43pm by FrostedMoon

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 3:33am
post #1 of 16

Hi Everyone,

I have never made pops for sale and now I have a client interested on them but I have no idea what to charge. I need your help please !!!

Thank You!

15 replies
goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 3:52am
post #2 of 16

Lots of factors....... how much does it cost you to make? Don't forget gas, hydro and water in the price.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:00am
post #3 of 16
Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:02am
post #4 of 16

Oh Thank you guys for the reply and Thank you very much for posting that thread. You guys are awsome !!!

SweetTreatstoEat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatstoEat Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 16

I never used liquid creamer for cake pops, I always used frosting, what is the difference?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 16

I charge $1.50 each for the plain..more for the character ones like Sesame street.

mommakabob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakabob Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 16

I do $25/2 dozen with a 2 dozen minimum. The creamers are great! There are so many flavor choices!

PRBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PRBaker Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 16

I am starting my cake pops business. I noticed someone mentioned they use creamers on your pops. Can you tell me where to find these and how to use them please?

Thanks

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 9:41pm
post #9 of 16

The coffee creamers are used as a binder for the cake.They are not used as coatings...You use them in place of icing...

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 10:06pm
post #10 of 16

I charge the same a kiddies. And i use creamers as well in some flavours icon_smile.gif

SUNSHINEMOLLY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUNSHINEMOLLY Posted 8 May 2011 , 10:28am
post #11 of 16

What are creamers? is this instead of frosting? icon_eek.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 May 2011 , 11:24am
post #12 of 16

I have a feeling you don't have these in Australia.

Coffee creamers are a non-dairy liquid (or powder that you mix with water or directly into coffee) that people put in coffee instead of milk. Thay can be purchased flavored or plain. I think they are made from oil. The two main brands here in the US are International Delight and Coffee Mate.

Yes, in cake pops people sometimes use coffee creamer instead of frosting.

For fun: the powdered version is highly flammable.

BiancaA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BiancaA Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 9:16pm
post #13 of 16

I Charge $24 a Dozen ($2 Ea) For Simple Round Cake Pops (Sprinkle or Drizzle/Swirl Design) and $30 a Dozen ($2.50 Ea) For More Complicated/Character Cake Pops. Making Cake Pops Are Veryyy Time Consuming and Costly. You Have to Consider The Chocolate, Cake Mix/Ingredients, Sprinkles, Sticks, Bags, Ribbon and Display (I Usually Do a 3 Tier Styrofoam Display.) If You Want You Can Also Charge a $15 Material Fee. If Someone Orders a Dozen Simple Cake Pops ($24) and I Spend $15 on Material I Would Technically Only Make $9. Don't Cheat Yourself. Happy Baking :)

komalali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
komalali Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 8:40pm
post #14 of 16

AI got an order for 450 cake pops wraped and ribbon.. how much should I charge coz I believe $2 will be cheaper for me for this much quantity

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 8:53pm
post #15 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by komalali 

I got an order for 450 cake pops wraped and ribbon.. how much should I charge coz I believe $2 will be cheaper for me for this much quantity

What do you normally charge? How much will you save on costs for ordering in bulk (wrappers, ribbon, etc.)? How about packaging, is that going to cost you any less?

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 9:43pm
post #16 of 16

That is a big order!  Forgive me for asking, but is this something you've done before?  Are you asking if you should give a discount on your usual price, or do you not sell them on a regular basis?  How much do others sell them for in your area?

If you use the top right search box there are lots of threads on how to price.  It really is going to be different for everyone depending on their expenses and the market they are selling in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%