Desperate For Help! Baseball Cap Intructions For Grooms Cak

Decorating By mommy2kids Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 5:06am by awela

mommy2kids Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:01am
post #1 of 4

HELP!!!!!!!! I told a friend I would make a grooms cake for her sisters wedding in a couple weeks, they want a NY Yankees baseball cap, I didn't think it out be that difficult, but now I am freaking out! Any suggestions on how to make one would be great... I looked at a couple of different ways and they all seem complicated, I need a tried and true way to make it... no time for me to make mistakes! ugh.. any help is appreciated! Thanks friends

3 replies
Cakeonista Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 4

I have a yankees cap in my photos, I used a round pyrex bowl to bake the cake in or you can use the Wilton ball pan, half of course and then I just cut out of cardboard the actual bill copied from my sons cap. I just covered the cardboard with fondant and placed it partly under and stuck into the cake. I just made the lines and the stitches and all the little details. HTH

tatorchip Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:26am
post #3 of 4

I made mine just a two layer sheet cake but decorated with the cap and ball on top I made the cap and ball out of rkt and covered with a little bc and then fondant. I just looked at one of my dh caps and shaped the rkt like it. I put straws into the cake and sat the cap and ball on plastic cut from a clean water jug and sat the whole thing on the straws HTH

awela Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:06am
post #4 of 4

I baked the cake using the ball pan, filled and covered in fondant. For the front part I used my son's hat as a guide, I cut up a pattern and used it to shape the fondant. Used tissues underneath to shape it until it got dry, then attached it to the hat with royal icing. Here's mine, HIH. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%