Banana Cake

Baking By Otter Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 11:03pm by Otter

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 12:39am
post #1 of 4

Does anybody have a good banana cake recipe?

I am making cakes for my parents' 50th and need to have the banana cake that my mother has requested. I will need to be able to make a layer cake for decorating.

Thanks for listening (reading)! icon_biggrin.gif

Karen

3 replies
yumcake06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yumcake06 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:36am
post #2 of 4

Whimsical Bakehouse has an amazing banana cake but can't find the recipe and I misplaced my book if anybody could post a link to the recipe from the bake offs that would be awesome

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 9:30am
post #3 of 4

What bake offs? Did I miss that one? icon_cry.gif

I just tried the Banana Cake II (I don't know if that was from CC or AllRecipes) and thought it was too dense like banana bread. I liked the Cake Bible banana cake better, it was lighter and more cake-like. The only other one I tried was an apple-banana cake - it was actually the winner in my home taste test (only 2 judges, me and my husband lol) but you might not want apples in the cake...if you do, it's the Apple Banana Cupcakes found on AllRecipes but I use half butter and half shortening (rather than all shortening) and half brown sugar/half granulated (rather than all granulated). It is a nice light fluffy cake. I have never attempted it without the apples...I'd imagine the ingredient would need to be replaced with something so I just made it as-is. It's YUMMY! I actually make it all the time.

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies.

I have a Cake bible, but it is in Pittsburgh, PA, and I am in Clearwater, FL (thank you, God).

I definately don't want anything dense like banana bread. I also don't think I want the apples. Might try the one from All Recipes or CC if I can find it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%