Where To Purchase Unbleached Cake Flour Other Than King Arth

Decorating By Panhead Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 6:18pm by Panhead

Panhead Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for unbleached cake flour in larger sizes other than what King Arthur has. I would love to get a 25# bag if anyone knows where I can purchase this I would be grateful.

Thank you,

Panhead

5 replies
mkolmar Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:47am
post #2 of 6

You can always make your own cake flour. On a smaller scale it's 1 3/4 C All purpose flour mixed with 1/4 C. cornstarch.
Don't know if that helps any considering you need it in 25# bags. You'll have to do some math to figure out that for the ratio needed.

Panhead Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 9:25am
post #3 of 6

All the info I have come across on the net said you need to use bleached flour for this conversion for cake flour. The all purpose flour I have is unbleached, so I don't know if this would work unless you know different.

starbasset Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 6

You might be able to place a special request with your local large supermarket so that they can order it through their suppliers. I have done this in the past at supermarkets in both FL and NY.

Eisskween Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 6

Have you tried a local bulk store? They may be able to supply large quantities like 25 lbs. We have a bulk barn that has unbleached cake flour.

Panhead Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, I have tried my bulk stores Sam's and BJ's.

I'm gonna try the conversion and see what happens later this week and I will let you guys know what happens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%